Create a beautiful floral crescent modern Halloween wreath in just a few simple steps for under $10. Part of The Global Styler monthly series.
Hello there! Welcome to The Global Styler hosted by Casa Watkins Living. If you are new to the series, the first Monday of each month, the gals of The Global Series share a globally inspired DIY or decorating tip to a theme. This month we decided to create a Fall/Halloween door (or wall) hanging. I wanted something modern with a touch of global that would be easy to make and under $10.
DIY Floral Crescent Moon Wreath with Brass Bells
So we are still transitioning into our beautiful new home. I still haven’t shared pictures because it is mostly empty and a bit dark. I’m waiting for our final household shipment from Japan with my tripod and decor items (and our mattresses!). But it is a single story ranch in a beautiful neighborhood in Fort Worth and I already love it to pieces. The previous owners did such a fantastic job with updates and renovations including the paint colors! I knew having a bold dark front door would be the perfect backdrop for a minimalist halloween wreath and a white floral crescent moon shape would be a lovely contrast.
Here’s what you need for a modern halloween wreath:
- A piece of cardboard.
- A large embroidery hoop (or metal hoop wreath).
- White small faux flowers (two bunches).
- Hot glue gun and sticks.
- Brass bells.
How to create a floral crescent moon in a few simple steps:
- Use the hoop as a guide on a piece of cardboard to create two half circles. Carefully cut it out with a box cutter and trim off rough edges with scissors.
- Prepare the flowers by removing the heads and trimming them close to the petals but not all the way off so the flower doesn’t fall apart. 😉
- Lay them out on your crescent shape and hot glue in place.
- Attach the floral moon to the hoop with more hot glue and hang in place.
Adorn with brass bells for an eclectic global vibe! I found mine at a garden center in Japan.
It’s the first DIY I’ve done back in the states and in our new home! Have you created anything lately?
Make sure to stop by the other ladies creative posts for more inspiration.