See how I’m transforming our small space into a colorful and eclectic bathroom with moody vibes and a gallery wall for the One Room Challenge.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love and is also sponsored by brands that I personally enjoy working with.
It’s that time again! I’m thrilled to be participating as a guest for the One Room Challenge. Are you familiar with it? It’s a six-week-long room makeover for featured and guest designers to transform their space so make sure to check out all of the participants!! This is my fourth time participating and the first time I’ve done two in one year.
I can’t wait to see what others are doing and ready to renovate our hall bathroom which is for guests and our kids. So let’s get to the plans for this moody and eclectic space!
Find all of the related articles and reveal below:
- Week 1: Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom (you are here)
- Week 2: Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- Week 3: An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint
- Week 4: One Room Challenge Bathroom Progress with Updated Renderings
- Week 5: How to Hang Unpasted Wallpaper by Yourself
- Week 6: A Classic Black and White Marble Bathroom Reveal
Moody and Eclectic Bathroom Plans
I’m working with some of my favorite brands for this space and you will see them mentioned every week. I so appreciate them helping me design a dream bathroom and definitely could not do it without their help!
The hallway bathroom is two little rooms. The first is the vanity area and the second is the bathtub/shower, toilet, and storage. I’m not changing the footprint or electrical work but it will look like a new bathroom when I’m done!!
Eclectic Bathroom Plans for the Vanity Area
Here is the before of this space.
The walls are blue and the cabinets gray on both sides. I’m working with the existing granite countertop which has gray, white, and black specks. I may change the backsplash if I have enough extra tile but I will definitely improve this side 100% with these beautiful plans.
Can you see it? I can’t wait to paint the walls a beautiful Snow Day white from Clare paint including a little medicine cabinet on the right. They ship their products right to your front door!
The ceiling will get sanded down so I can install cove moulding and a gorgeous Milton & King wallpaper to be determined but you’ll see my choices below. Wallpapering the ceiling has been on my “try-a-new-DIY” list forever! What better place to start then in a sweet small vanity room. Finally, the FIFTH wall is getting some love!
Hansgrohe is gifting me a gorgeous bathroom set called Joleena in matte black which will help tie in the vanity side to the bathtub side along with a continuous stunning hexagon marble floor from Jeffrey Court.
A lovely light fixture gifted from Crystorama, store-bought Target mirror, and World Market marble and gold shelf to go directly underneath the mirror will be the jewelry of the space. I adding a touch of vintage with a few Amazon French country wall hooks for towel hanging and ordered a pair of CB2 rugs for each side of the bathroom.
Dark and Moody Bathroom Plans for an Art Gallery Inspired Space
Yes, you heard that right. We have tons of oil paintings and art from my Aunt (who is no longer with us and also featured in our little ensuite bath), our kids, and passed down from grandparents. The collection is all the pieces that are bright and colorful which I’ve found difficult to display elsewhere in the house. So this side of the bathroom is getting a DRAMATIC change. Here’s the small space I’m working with.
And the plans! Cue the music please!!
I’m painting the walls Clare paints Blackish! There isn’t a lot of wall space so most of the room will be gorgeous marble tile from Jeffery Court. I just know the contrast will be stunning! Custom floral shower curtains and window treatment with Milton and King fabric and gorgeous tassel trim from Fringe Market will complement the art gallery wall wrapping around a corner on the two wall spaces seen above.
The bathtub surround will have a beautiful 3×10 Jeffery Court marble tile laid vertically all the way to the ceiling with a 2″ black marble hexagon accent table for the niches. And the floor continues with the marble hexagon tile.
A new showerhead, handle (which I learned is called pressure trim), and tub faucet will be from the same Joleena set I mentioned above. I’m having a professional come in to strip the porcelain iron cast tub and refinish it in a bright white with a new drain and faucet so it’s up to par with the rest of the room.
Fabric and Wallpaper Choices
The only thing I’m undecided about are the wallpaper and fabric with trim selections. Here are the samples I will be choosing from.
There are so many lovelies from Milton and King and Fringe Market!! Y’all, it’s like Christmas! I think I’m leaning towards the blues… Once I make a decision I may decide to change the cabinet colors but as of right now, they will remain gray and updated with gold pulls.
I’m still pinching myself that I get to partner with these amazing brands. Thank you so much to my sponsors for these gorgeous high-end products to make our bathroom look like a million bucks.
A One Room Challenge just isn’t is without a long to-do list!
Here’s my to-do list for the next six weeks:
- Repair the drywall
- Sand the ceiling on the vanity side
- Paint the vanity side, trim, door, and medicine cabinet white
- Paint the tub/toilet side, trim, and door black and white
- Install cove molding on the vanity side
- Apply wallpaper to the ceiling
Add gold pulls to the cabinets
- Hang the new light fixture
- Hang new mirror
- Install marble and gold shelf
- Install new faucet
- Change the towel hangers to an antique hook
- Have professional tilers install new tub surround and flooring
- Have professional refinish tub
- Replace tub faucet, drain, and cover
- Sew a custom extra-long shower curtain
- Make a faux roman shade
- Update toilet holder
- Hang gallery wall
- Add new rugs and other decor
See you soon,
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig and contains … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room MakeoverHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. If you had four short … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room Makeover
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. The … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where eight … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s light … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates