Good morning! I am having so much with Spring crafts this week. I hope they are inspiring you to be creative or at least helping you to look forward to Spring! If you missed day one of the series, you can find the Butterfly Spring Wreath here.
Today’s craft is for Easter or brunch and only requires two materials. Egg cups and craft paint!
DIY Gold Dipped Egg Cups
Materials for gold dip egg cups:
Plain white egg cups (I found mine at Hobby Lobby for under $2)
Gold Craft Paint
Hold your egg cup over a cup or bowl and squeeze paint onto it while you rotate the cup around to get the coverage you want. It will take a lot of paint but you can reuse the paint in the dish. Wait for some of the paint to drip off and then set on scrap paper to dry.
While the egg cup is drying, the paint will still be dripping off. Move your cup around every few minutes to avoid the egg cup sticking to the paper.
Let your egg cups dry overnight before using them. The paint will take a few days to completely cure.
I tried my hand a marbling. To get a similar effect, use a few drops of fingernail polish into a cup of water. Swirl with a toothpick to create a marbled design. Roll the egg on the surface of the water to pick up the paint and set to dry. Move quickly because the paint will change into a film in the water.
Do you see my old ball egg with the flower? Metallic sharpies are magical!
Here is how they look at my Easter table setting with DIY watercolor and gold leaf eggs. They look so elegant and are so easy to make. Now I am ready for brunch! Have a lovely day,
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room MakeoverHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. If you had … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room Makeover
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates