Good morning! I am having so much with Spring crafts this week. I hope they are inspiring you to be creative or at least helping you to look forward to Spring! If you missed day one of the series, you can find the Butterfly Spring Wreath here.
Today’s craft is for Easter or brunch and only requires two materials. Egg cups and craft paint!
DIY Gold Dipped Egg Cups
Materials for gold dip egg cups:
Plain white egg cups (I found mine at Hobby Lobby for under $2)
Gold Craft Paint
Hold your egg cup over a cup or bowl and squeeze paint onto it while you rotate the cup around to get the coverage you want. It will take a lot of paint but you can reuse the paint in the dish. Wait for some of the paint to drip off and then set on scrap paper to dry.
While the egg cup is drying, the paint will still be dripping off. Move your cup around every few minutes to avoid the egg cup sticking to the paper.
Let your egg cups dry overnight before using them. The paint will take a few days to completely cure.
I tried my hand a marbling. To get a similar effect, use a few drops of fingernail polish into a cup of water. Swirl with a toothpick to create a marbled design. Roll the egg on the surface of the water to pick up the paint and set to dry. Move quickly because the paint will change into a film in the water.
Do you see my old ball egg with the flower? Metallic sharpies are magical!
Here is how they look at my Easter table setting with DIY watercolor and gold leaf eggs. They look so elegant and are so easy to make. Now I am ready for brunch! Have a lovely day,
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes