Good morning! I am having so much with Spring crafts this week. I hope they are inspiring you to be creative or at least helping you to look forward to Spring! If you missed day one of the series, you can find the Butterfly Spring Wreath here.
Today’s craft is for Easter or brunch and only requires two materials. Egg cups and craft paint!
DIY Gold Dipped Egg Cups
Materials for gold dip egg cups:
Plain white egg cups (I found mine at Hobby Lobby for under $2)
Gold Craft Paint
Hold your egg cup over a cup or bowl and squeeze paint onto it while you rotate the cup around to get the coverage you want. It will take a lot of paint but you can reuse the paint in the dish. Wait for some of the paint to drip off and then set on scrap paper to dry.
While the egg cup is drying, the paint will still be dripping off. Move your cup around every few minutes to avoid the egg cup sticking to the paper.
Let your egg cups dry overnight before using them. The paint will take a few days to completely cure.
I tried my hand a marbling. To get a similar effect, use a few drops of fingernail polish into a cup of water. Swirl with a toothpick to create a marbled design. Roll the egg on the surface of the water to pick up the paint and set to dry. Move quickly because the paint will change into a film in the water.
Do you see my old ball egg with the flower? Metallic sharpies are magical!
Here is how they look at my Easter table setting with DIY watercolor and gold leaf eggs. They look so elegant and are so easy to make. Now I am ready for brunch! Have a lovely day,
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle