Find inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer.
Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it later on and it was even better? Thanks to Marty from a Stroll Through Life‘s Inviting Summer Bedrooms blog hop, our master bedroom went from a beautiful grand reveal with dramatic before and afters to the cherry on top with a few simple changes for summer. If you are coming over from Stone Gable‘s beautiful home, welcome!
Summer Decorating Tips with Blue and Green in the Bedroom
First, let me show you what I started with. I participated in the Spring One Room Challenge during lockdown last year and it was a wonderful distraction that turned into my dream bedroom. Take a look at the pics below to see how our master bedroom has transformed over the last two and half years when we moved in.
Bedroom Decorating Tips
- Live with your design for a while. Take note of practical changes that might make the room more functional and also design tweaks to take your bedroom to the next level as you use the space. I made the focal mural wall more prominent by raising my DIY moss green headboard up 2 inches.
- Play with different size wall hangings. Achieving the perfect scale of wall art can be tricky. The best thing is to try different styles and types to see what you enjoy the most. I started with a really pretty oil painting over the headboard but after seeing how good a winter wreath looked, switched out wreaths by the season.
Just the other day, I found a beautiful dried fern wreath for summer (at 50% off) and it’s my favorite! I love ferns and the size and colors compliment the bedding and bed so well. It was the only thing I purchased to transition from Spring to Summer in this room.
- Make a subtle change with different throw pillows on your bed for summer. The light blue bedding with a DIY fringe bed skirt already looks beautiful for all seasons. I switched out dark navy velvet pillows for a pair of French blue ones and it instantly lightened the room for summer.
I also switched out a colorful silk pillow on the bench to a banana leaf pattern.
- Add seasonal flowers or foliage. The last thing I did was move faux sunflowers to the Asian cabinet for a summer touch. I usually have a live money plant in this spot, but it has been happier in our living room where there is more natural light. I love the additional pop of yellow to all of the green and blue
The best part of this bedroom summer makeover with blue and green is that it only required a few simple changes to make a beautiful seasonal feature. It’s amazing how fresh it feels with so little effort.
Do you like to switch out decor for the season in your bedroom? Make sure to visit all of my friends below for beautiful and inviting summer bedroom inspiration.
Monday, May 3rd
Tuesday, May 4th
Wednesday, May 5th
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around the corner and 30+ bloggers are ready to inspire you with Fall Home Tours! A huge thanks to Marty from A Stroll Through Life for … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden. Minnie Aumonier Welcome back to the One Room Challenge! Eight weeks (plus a two-week extension) of planning, demo, many … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at week 7 of the One Room Challenge where 100s of featured and guest designers have eight weeks to transform a space. This fun series is … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when they are also small spaces. The natural tendency is to keep things minimal with a neutral color palette but what if you love eclectic and … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love and trust. There are some affiliate links for your shopping convenience. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Well, my friend, today is a … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art