Find inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer.
Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it later on and it was even better? Thanks to Marty from a Stroll Through Life‘s Inviting Summer Bedrooms blog hop, our master bedroom went from a beautiful grand reveal with dramatic before and afters to the cherry on top with a few simple changes for summer. If you are coming over from Stone Gable‘s beautiful home, welcome!
Summer Decorating Tips with Blue and Green in the Bedroom
First, let me show you what I started with. I participated in the Spring One Room Challenge during lockdown last year and it was a wonderful distraction that turned into my dream bedroom. Take a look at the pics below to see how our master bedroom has transformed over the last two and half years when we moved in.
Bedroom Decorating Tips
- Live with your design for a while. Take note of practical changes that might make the room more functional and also design tweaks to take your bedroom to the next level as you use the space. I made the focal mural wall more prominent by raising my DIY moss green headboard up 2 inches.
- Play with different size wall hangings. Achieving the perfect scale of wall art can be tricky. The best thing is to try different styles and types to see what you enjoy the most. I started with a really pretty oil painting over the headboard but after seeing how good a winter wreath looked, switched out wreaths by the season.
Just the other day, I found a beautiful dried fern wreath for summer (at 50% off) and it’s my favorite! I love ferns and the size and colors compliment the bedding and bed so well. It was the only thing I purchased to transition from Spring to Summer in this room.
- Make a subtle change with different throw pillows on your bed for summer. The light blue bedding with a DIY fringe bed skirt already looks beautiful for all seasons. I switched out dark navy velvet pillows for a pair of French blue ones and it instantly lightened the room for summer.
I also switched out a colorful silk pillow on the bench to a banana leaf pattern.
- Add seasonal flowers or foliage. The last thing I did was move faux sunflowers to the Asian cabinet for a summer touch. I usually have a live money plant in this spot, but it has been happier in our living room where there is more natural light. I love the additional pop of yellow to all of the green and blue
The best part of this bedroom summer makeover with blue and green is that it only required a few simple changes to make a beautiful seasonal feature. It’s amazing at how fresh it feels with so little effort.
Do you like to switch out decor for the season in your bedroom? Make sure to visit all of my friends below for beautiful and inviting summer bedroom inspiration.
Monday May 3rd
Tuesday May 4th
Wednesday May 5th
Join me on Instagram for behind the scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having our dream master bedroom with a perfect ensuite bathroom. Even so, we are perfectly happy to work with our first, albeit small, ensuite bathroom in … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One of the struggles of living in an older small home is the small bedrooms and bathrooms. Can you relate? This is the first time we’ve … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it later on and it was even better? Thanks to Marty from a Stroll Through Life‘s Inviting Summer Bedrooms blog hop, our master bedroom went from … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you a happy Spring. I’m thrilled to be sharing a second part to my Spring eclectic home tour with you today. A huge thanks to … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and I will share how to make flower lights in minutes! DIY Flower Garland Lights Welcome … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes