Global Bohemian Bedroom Design Inspiration for a Girl
The New Year New Room Refresh challenge has started and I’m sharing design inspiration and plans for a global bohemian chic girl’s bedroom!
Hi there! How are you today? I’m so excited about this challenge! For some reason, I’m really motivated to do a room makeover right after Christmas. I think it’s because the holiday decor is put away and rooms look a little lonely. It’s the best time to get a room makeover completed.
Global Bohemian Chic Bedroom Design Inspiration and Plans
The New Year New Room Refresh, hosted by Casa Watkins Living, is where my friends and I makeover a room in 4-6 weeks. We do try to keep it under a month but shipping delays do happen especially during the winter months.
This year is a little different because you can participate too! Just scroll to the bottom of the post each week and link your updates every Tuesday with inspiration, progress, DIYs, and reveal. If you are coming from Monica Wants It, welcome!
You can now find all posts listed below!
- Week 1: Global Bohemian Bedroom Design Inspiration for a Girl
- Week 2: How to prep for a room makeover with easy tips
- Week 3: An Easy Furniture Update for Global Chic Style
- Week 4: Decorating Challenges of Living Overseas and How to Overcome Them
- Week 5: A Beautiful Dollar Store Wall Hanging for Your Boho Home
- Week 6: Global Bohemian Bedroom Makeover for a Girl
Last year I focused on a global eclectic kitchen makeover. This year I’m undertaking our daughter’s room. Her bedroom is a traditional Japanese tatami bedroom (or called washitu) and has tatami mats, wood ceilings, sand walls, and shoji screens.
Now here’s the caveat. We might be moving to on-base military housing in the next few months so whatever I do for this room will need to be flexible for a new room.
Bohemian Bedroom Inspiration
Here are some inspiration rooms that really spoke to me! Every room is really different from the others but I want to combine elements from each one to create a new space. Y’all, that’s why I’m eclectic!
First is this room from Urban Outfitters. It already encompasses the feeling of a Japanese room with a floor bed, warm hues, and minimal decor.
I love the blush pink, peach, and blues with wood tones and I will definitely be referring to this picture when I get stuck with the yellow sand walls and warm tones everywhere!
I just love all the details in this global boho girl’s room from Emerson and Fifteenth. Again it already has the warm tones but there are fun boho-chic details that I want to mimic in the room refresh like that super cute wall hanging!
This eclectic living room from Pietra Wood & Stone via Houzz has the chic and glam factors I like and will be my wow factor inspiration for the tatami room. I already have a faux cowhide and bold art print that is part of the design plan.
It might be hard to imagine elements from all three rooms in one space but I’m excited to see how it turns out.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Now for the scary part, sharing the current space. Ha! It’s a little room with warm tones all over and a mess of things in it but here it is. This view is from the doorway (they are actually sliding doors called fusuma).
We can only hang things from the wood trim (because of the sand walls) so I will be rearranging the furniture to center the purple and blue Cozamia print above the bed.
To the right of the closet is a reading nook I created for my daughter but she usually reads in bed so I’ll probably repurpose it.
As you can see, the room really needs some TLC. Here’s what I plan to do.
Global Boho Chic Bedroom Plans!
- Rearrange the furniture placing the bed centered on the right wall.
- Repurpose the reading nook. Possible doll house area?
- Paint the bedside table gold.
- Paint and recover storage cube ottoman.
- Address window treatments. (Cover the ill-placed curtain rod?) Make sure new window coverings can move to a different house.
- New bedding cohesive with the colors and design of the space.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You still pay the same price but I receive a small commission. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Here’s the resource list:
- Cozamia art print
- Dark Blue Herringbone Pillows
- Pink Mohair Faux Fur Pillow Cover
- White Marble Top Gold Metal Accent Table
- Cow Print Rug
- White Twin Quilt
- White and Gold Dream Catcher
- Navy Cotton Trellis Flatwoven Rug
I think that’s it for today! Make sure to stop This Is Our Bliss or scroll down and start from the top of featured bloggers to see their inspiration and plans.
Casa Watkins Living // A Designer At Home // Seeking Lavender Lane // Domicile 37 // Iris Nacole // Pocketful of Posies // Monica Wants It // Up To Date Interiors // This Is Our Bliss // Vintage Romance Style
Now, it’s your turn! Link up your own room progress below. We would love to see them!
* Please do not link up any posts not related to the New Year New Room Refresh Challenge. *
- Learn how to find your design style with simple tips and tricks!A guide for “how to find my design style” in your house with designer tips and tricks that will help you be confident with decorating. Do you know what looks good in your space? Taking a little time to discover your design style will make all the difference. Turn your home into a beautiful haven…
- Pretty and Practical: Simple Storage Ideas for Any SpaceLearn how to incorporate beautiful, creative, and simple storage solutions that elevate both form and function in your home. Are you tired of cluttered and disorganized spaces in your home, but feel overwhelmed by the thought of tackling it all? Don’t worry, because I’ve got you covered with simple storage solutions you can use in…
- Making Floral Arrangements Easy and Beautiful with Simple DIY MethodsDon’t wilt under pressure – find simple DIY methods for making floral arrangements beautiful with fake or real flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? They are the icing on the cake in a beautiful room and have the power to brighten up any space. But if you are anything like me, creating floral arrangements can seem…
- How to Paint Candles with Ombre for a Simple Scandi CenterpieceElevate your candle game by using our step-by-step tutorial for painting ombre candles and create a beautiful Scandi centerpiece. Hello friend. I hope this holiday season is treating you right! Casa Watkins Living and I are having so much fun sharing globally-influenced DIYs, decorating ideas, and more for A Very Global Christmas. Today is day…
- Bring the Outdoors In: Decorate with These Beautiful Bird PrintablesJoin over 2,000 subscribers and receive weekly newsletters, exclusive offers, and monthly freebies like free bird printables art straight to your inbox. My free bird printable art is a great way to add some unique and stylish decor to your home. The bird, butterfly, and flower buds can add a touch of whimsy to any…
love the plan! i will be making over our kitchen cabinets and am so excited!
can’t wait to see Cassie! I already love your kitchen though. 🙂
I love that the room already has a reading nook…so cool. I am excited to see the transformation.
Thanks! It’s a pretty room but challenging.
Wow! I’m loving this room!!!! I adore the plans to infuse Japanese touches with a global boho vibe. It’s going to be amazing!!!! Can’t get over that print either!! Love it.
Thanks so much Steph!
Thanks Steph! I hope it comes together soon!! I feel like everything is on the slow boat. lol
ooooh, I cannot wait to see what you do! I love how you take on a challenge and it always comes out fab! I love the plans and your daughter’s rattan bed is gorgeous…show them legs off!
You’re so sweet!
What a beautiful design board! I can’t wait to see it come to life!
Thanks Iris! Me too. lol
I feel like that second photo is already yours! Haha. I love her bed frame. Can I have it? This space is going to be sooooo incredible!
Aw! That’s so sweet. lol The bed frame was about $30 from the thrift store. I keep thinking about painting it but I love it’s natural color.
That Cozamia print is fabulous! This space is going to be so chic once it’s done, can’t wait to see.
I’m so in love with your rug and pillow selections!! And I can’t wait to see how your re-purpose the cute reading nook! This space is going to be so dreamy!!
Thanks Rachael! Now, if only my products will arrive. 😉