The New Year New Room Refresh challenge has started and I’m sharing design inspiration and plans for a global bohemian chic girl’s bedroom!
Hi there! How are you today? I’m so excited about this challenge! For some reason, I’m really motivated to do a room makeover right after Christmas. I think it’s because the holiday decor is put away and rooms look a little lonely. It’s the best time to get a room makeover completed.
Global Bohemian Chic Bedroom Design Inspiration and Plans
The New Year New Room Refresh, hosted by Casa Watkins Living, is where my friends and I makeover a room in 4-6 weeks. We do try to keep it under a month but shipping delays do happen especially during the winter months.
This year is a little different because you can participate too! Just scroll to the bottom of the post each week and link your updates every Tuesday with inspiration, progress, DIYs, and reveal. If you are coming from Monica Wants It, welcome!
You can now find all posts listed below!
- Week 1: Global Bohemian Bedroom Design Inspiration for a Girl
- Week 2: How to prep for a room makeover with easy tips
- Week 3: An Easy Furniture Update for Global Chic Style
- Week 4: Decorating Challenges of Living Overseas and How to Overcome Them
- Week 5: A Beautiful Dollar Store Wall Hanging for Your Boho Home
- Week 6: Global Bohemian Bedroom Makeover for a Girl
Last year I focused on a global eclectic kitchen makeover. This year I’m undertaking our daughter’s room. Her bedroom is a traditional Japanese tatami bedroom (or called washitu) and has tatami mats, wood ceilings, sand walls, and shoji screens.
Now here’s the caveat. We might be moving to on-base military housing in the next few months so whatever I do for this room will need to be flexible for a new room.
Bohemian Bedroom Inspiration
Here are some inspiration rooms that really spoke to me! Every room is really different from the others but I want to combine elements from each one to create a new space. Y’all, that’s why I’m eclectic!
First is this room from Urban Outfitters. It already encompasses the feeling of a Japanese room with a floor bed, warm hues, and minimal decor.
I love the blush pink, peach, and blues with wood tones and I will definitely be referring to this picture when I get stuck with the yellow sand walls and warm tones everywhere!
I just love all the details in this global boho girl’s room from Emerson and Fifteenth. Again it already has the warm tones but there are fun boho-chic details that I want to mimic in the room refresh like that super cute wall hanging!
This eclectic living room from Pietra Wood & Stone via Houzz has the chic and glam factors I like and will be my wow factor inspiration for the tatami room. I already have a faux cowhide and bold art print that is part of the design plan.
It might be hard to imagine elements from all three rooms in one space but I’m excited to see how it turns out.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Now for the scary part, sharing the current space. Ha! It’s a little room with warm tones all over and a mess of things in it but here it is. This view is from the doorway (they are actually sliding doors called fusuma).
We can only hang things from the wood trim (because of the sand walls) so I will be rearranging the furniture to center the purple and blue Cozamia print above the bed.
To the right of the closet is a reading nook I created for my daughter but she usually reads in bed so I’ll probably repurpose it.
As you can see, the room really needs some TLC. Here’s what I plan to do.
Global Boho Chic Bedroom Plans!
- Rearrange the furniture placing the bed centered on the right wall.
- Repurpose the reading nook. Possible doll house area?
- Paint the bedside table gold.
- Paint and recover storage cube ottoman.
- Address window treatments. (Cover the ill-placed curtain rod?) Make sure new window coverings can move to a different house.
- New bedding cohesive with the colors and design of the space.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You still pay the same price but I receive a small commission. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Here’s the resource list:
- Cozamia art print
- Dark Blue Herringbone Pillows
- Pink Mohair Faux Fur Pillow Cover
- White Marble Top Gold Metal Accent Table
- Cow Print Rug
- White Twin Quilt
- White and Gold Dream Catcher
- Navy Cotton Trellis Flatwoven Rug
I think that’s it for today! Make sure to stop This Is Our Bliss or scroll down and start from the top of featured bloggers to see their inspiration and plans.
Casa Watkins Living // A Designer At Home // Seeking Lavender Lane // Domicile 37 // Iris Nacole // Pocketful of Posies // Monica Wants It // Up To Date Interiors // This Is Our Bliss // Vintage Romance Style
Now, it’s your turn! Link up your own room progress below. We would love to see them!
* Please do not link up any posts not related to the New Year New Room Refresh Challenge. *
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…