A colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products.
This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m not sure what your favorite pastime is but you probably love dreaming up beautiful rooms if you are a design enthusiast like me. That’s why when Carpet One asked me to design a mood board showcasing 2020 flooring trends I jumped on board!
A Colorful and Eclectic Entry Mood Board with Top Flooring Trends
I had so much fun creating an overlay for my “dream house” where I envision a two-story entry with a dreamy staircase and lots of windows. Here’s what I came up with.
Carpet One Floor and Home sent me a Design Box with 20 for 2020 of their flooring products hand-selected by industry experts for their classic characteristics, trending styles, and cutting-edge technologies.
My first pick was Passages by Tigressa So Refined in Sunflower. This carpet features 20-year wear and texture retention warranty and lifetime of floor soil, stain, and installation which makes it perfect for high traffic areas like the foyer.
To compliment the first choice, I selected Carpet One’s Lamu in Taupe Black which is made with 100% Dyed Olefin. It also features the same warranty as to the previous carpet. The leopard pattern would make a great staircase runner or an accent rug.
A lighter toned wood floor was selected to compliment the two carpet choices. This beautiful sample is from the Invincible H20 Charleston Place Herringbone in Pure Beauty and has a wonderful texture. It is made of a luxury vinyl fusion core.
I love creating a tone on tone vignettes so I selected a Pantone color and decorating accessories to play off the warm hue of the Sunflower carpet which would be just lovely with a painted chest of drawers for the foyer.
I followed the basic design rule of grouping floral, solid, and geometric patterns when selecting upholstery fabric samples. You can see that mine are more on the organic side that reminds me of Impressionist art. The dark green velvet is perfect for a piece of furniture and I would use the blue and white stripes for window treatments.
A marble and gold pull in the photo below would be the perfect detail for a pink painted accent chest.
How to Decided What Flooring to Buy
There are three things you should consider when selecting a new floor. First, know what styles you are drawn to and consider your existing decor. The second is to consider your lifestyle. Do you have pets and kids? Is the area a high traffic spot? And third, you’ll want to consider the costs and your budget.
I love that Carpet One is a leader in its industry and has options for everyone including hardwood, luxury vinyl tie, ceramic tile, broadloom carpet, and laminate categories. I got so excited and inspired when I looked through all of the samples and their design magazine Beautiful Design Made Simple.
And that my friend, is my dream foyer design board featuring beautiful selections of the 2020 top flooring trends and colorful and eclectic details with paint, accessories, and textiles. Now I’m just waiting for my dream house!
I can’t wait to see more mood boards inspired by these flooring trends. Make sure to check out the top 20 flooring examples for 2020 at Carpet One Floor & Home.
- One Room Challenge Bathroom UpdateOur One Room Challenge week four bathroom renovation update with moody and eclectic mood boards and room mock-ups. This post contains sponsors and affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about One Room Challenge Bathroom Update
- An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall PaintSee how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update. *This is a sponsored … Read More about An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint
- Making Over a Bathroom on a BudgetFind ideas for updating a bathroom on a budget with DIYs that you can do yourself and my One Room Challenge week 2 progress. *This is a sponsored post with … Read More about Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo EasilyFind easy decorating tips for how to divide a living room and dining room combo with floor, wall, and furniture ideas. *This post contains gifted products and affiliate links to … Read More about How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo Easily
- Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic BathroomSee how I’m transforming our small space into a colorful and eclectic bathroom with moody vibes and a gallery wall for the One Room Challenge. *This post contains affiliate links … Read More about Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom