Create a beautiful tinsel tree advent calendar with a Partidge in a Pear tree theme and this easy tutorial. Part of A Very Global Christmas.
Every once in awhile I get a clever unique idea for a DIY that I’m super proud of. I knew I wanted a Renoir inspired French, modern-bohemian style as I was dreaming up of what this year’s Christmas decor would look like and frankly, love anything that looks old-world around the holidays.
A Partridge in a Pear Tinsel Tree Advent Calendar
Welcome to Day Five of A Very Global Christmas series with my good friend Casa Watkins Living. We love sharing 12 globally inspired decorating ideas and DIYs every year with you and look forward to it all year. Join our free Very Global Home Facebook group for behind the scenes and live crafting sessions.
The gorgeous old paintings and prints that depict the Twelve Days of Christmas was my starting point for a DIY advent calendar. At first, I thought about doing a large painting with a movable partridge to count down 25 days via pears but decided it would be more fun to do an actual tree. I shopped for decorative faux pears and a bird to use with my champagne tinsel tree. Here’s what I did.
What you need for a Tree Advent Calendar:
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
- 3-4 Ft tree
- Faux leaves
- 24 pears
- 1 bird
- Decorative string
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Metallic gold calligraphy pen
How to Make a Pear Tree Advent Calendar
Trim leaves off of faux stems and use floral wire to secure them sporadically on the tree branches.
Measure and cut 6″ long pieces of decorative string. Create a loop and glue a piece to each of the 24 pears at the top near the stem with a couple of glue dots.
Alternate between yellow and green pears and write the numbers 1-24 with a metallic pen on each one.
Attach a faux bird (partridge) to the top of your tree. Glue on extra feathers to make the bird look rounder and embellish the tail feathers. You can also use craft paint or paint markers to update a generic craft bird with markings that look like a partridge.
Keep the pears in a decorative container and place one on the tree each day in December until Christmas. The bird can go on last or stay perched in the tree the entire month.
I used a piece of pottery for the pears and also as a decorative base for the tree stand. It looks so pretty in our master bedroom with all of the blues and green.
It’s super easy to make this unique advent calendar and it makes for a beautiful decoration. Find more Christmas ideas and free printables on this page.
Now let’s go see Casa Watkins Living‘s candle advent calendar!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting