Create a beautiful tinsel tree advent calendar with a Partidge in a Pear tree theme and this easy tutorial. Part of A Very Global Christmas.
Every once in awhile I get a clever unique idea for a DIY that I’m super proud of. I knew I wanted a Renoir inspired French, modern-bohemian style as I was dreaming up of what this year’s Christmas decor would look like and frankly, love anything that looks old-world around the holidays.
A Partridge in a Pear Tinsel Tree Advent Calendar
Welcome to Day Five of A Very Global Christmas series with my good friend Casa Watkins Living. We love sharing 12 globally inspired decorating ideas and DIYs every year with you and look forward to it all year. Join our free Very Global Home Facebook group for behind the scenes and live crafting sessions.
The gorgeous old paintings and prints that depict the Twelve Days of Christmas was my starting point for a DIY advent calendar. At first, I thought about doing a large painting with a movable partridge to count down 25 days via pears but decided it would be more fun to do an actual tree. I shopped for decorative faux pears and a bird to use with my champagne tinsel tree. Here’s what I did.
What you need for a Tree Advent Calendar:
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
- 3-4 Ft tree
- Faux leaves
- 24 pears
- 1 bird
- Decorative string
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Metallic gold calligraphy pen
How to Make a Pear Tree Advent Calendar
Trim leaves off of faux stems and use floral wire to secure them sporadically on the tree branches.
Measure and cut 6″ long pieces of decorative string. Create a loop and glue a piece to each of the 24 pears at the top near the stem with a couple of glue dots.
Alternate between yellow and green pears and write the numbers 1-24 with a metallic pen on each one.
Attach a faux bird (partridge) to the top of your tree. Glue on extra feathers to make the bird look rounder and embellish the tail feathers. You can also use craft paint or paint markers to update a generic craft bird with markings that look like a partridge.
Keep the pears in a decorative container and place one on the tree each day in December until Christmas. The bird can go on last or stay perched in the tree the entire month.
I used a piece of pottery for the pears and also as a decorative base for the tree stand. It looks so pretty in our master bedroom with all of the blues and green.
It’s super easy to make this unique advent calendar and it makes for a beautiful decoration. Find more Christmas ideas and free printables on this page.
Now let’s go see Casa Watkins Living‘s candle advent calendar!
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes
- How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look GoodCreate beautiful artificial flower arrangements with these simple tips. Perfect for a holiday centerpiece or any time of the year. I’m not going to lie, flower arranging has never been … Read More about How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look Good
- French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Home TourWelcome to our French, Modern-bohemian Christmas home tour part of the annual Very Merry Christmas Home Tour Blog hop! I’m thrilled to be joining Carrie from Lovely Etc.‘s annual blog … Read More about French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Home Tour
- Make Decoupage Coasters in Two Easy Steps Gift IdeaLooking for an easy gift idea? Try a set of decoupage coasters with globally inspired patterns and dollar store supplies. Don’t you love receiving a beautiful and thoughtful gift that … Read More about Make Decoupage Coasters in Two Easy Steps Gift Idea