Dress up your front door for spring with a beautiful DIY embroidery hoop wreath using artificial flowers in two easy steps.
It’s almost spring which means I daily look into my craft closet to see what treasures I can turn into something useful for the season! This time I grab half an embroidery hoop and two faux orchid stems that have been hiding in the back for years.
DIY Orchid Embroidery Hoop Wreath
Welcome to A Very Global Easter Series Day Four. I teamed up with my dear friend Casa Watkins Living to bring you seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs, decorating tips, and printables. Today we are sharing creative wreath ideas.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
How to put together a stunning DIY floral hoop wreath:
- Clip off the orchid flower heads from the stems.
- Hot glue each one alternating between the inside and outside of your hoop. Start at the bracket if you are using the outside hoop to make sure it’s hidden.
* Tip: First layout the flowers around your hoop evenly to see how far apart they need to be for consistent coverage. But don’t fret, they are really easy to pull off and reglue if you need better placement.
- Adorn with a beautiful large tassel for an extra global detail! I borrowed my green one from my office makeover.
Hang inside or out. I love how it looks just inside our home and also the contrast against the black front door.
I would also hang it on the mirror in the foyer. It looks so pretty with the stenciled walls and the green tassel matches my pathos plant. Both the plant and bamboo trellis were from my grandmother’s funeral six years ago.
But for now, it is greeting our guests as they come up to the door. I’m so glad to have those orchids out of the closet!! I originally bought the stems from IKEA 10 years ago for my daughter’s nursery. They looked so real that I never could get rid of them.
Don’t you love a quick seasonal DIY that doesn’t require a lot of supplies? And DIY hoop wreaths are always so pretty and modern. I don’t think the trend is going away anytime soon.
Let’s go see how Stephanie created this beautiful Painted Easter Egg Wreath.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You’ll also enjoy these posts!
- The Best Ceiling Fans for BedroomsWhy I love Fanimation as the best ceiling fans for bedrooms and a list of my favorite modern ceiling fans with and without lights. This post is sponsored by Fanimation. … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful Orchid Wreath in 2 Easy Steps
- How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper by YourselfFollow these easy steps to prep and hang prepasted wallpaper by yourself. Change your room instantly with a mural or patterned wallpaper. I’m here to tell you it is easier … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful Orchid Wreath in 2 Easy Steps
- Easy Tips on How to Create a Colorful Bedroom Mood BoardLearn how to create a colorful bedroom mood board the easy way with a few simple steps for planning a makeover, a digital mood board, and budgeting. I’m not going … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful Orchid Wreath in 2 Easy Steps
- Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip FlopsJoin thousands of subscribers and sign up for a free summer printable. Add instant seasonal decor in your home plus ideas for decorating with monstera plants and leaves. Have you … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful Orchid Wreath in 2 Easy Steps
- How to Create a Foyer and Keep it OrganizedLearn what things you should have to create a foyer that is functional and beautiful with these easy decorating and organization tips. We have had legit foyers in our last … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful Orchid Wreath in 2 Easy Steps
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.