Create a beautiful cherry blossom wreath with a variety of cherry blossom stems in 3 easy steps and find my favorite store-bought sakura wreath choices.
Can you imagine a park full of pink blooms and snowing petals? Sakura season in Japan is glorious. The dusty old park in our neighborhood is even magically transformed into a wonderful sea of pink during this time. What better way to bring in the season than to create a sakura cherry blossom wreath by hand.
DIY Sakura Wreath
Hello there and welcome to A Very Global Easter series. If you are coming over from Casa Watkins Living, welcome! We are sharing 7 days of globally influenced DIYs and today’s theme is an Easter wall hanging or wreath. There’s a large variety of faux sakura (cherry blossom) stems at the local Japanese dollar stores so I decided to transform a few into a beautiful sakura wreath for Spring.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
For this Spring/Easter wreath you need:
- One faux cherry blossom stem that hangs
- Two faux cherry blossom stems
- One larger bloom stem
- Florist wire and a bowl for shaping stems
Make a sakura wreath in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Use a bowl to shape your stems into a wreath form.
Step 2: Secure the two regular stems by wrapping brown or green florist wire around them.
Step 3: Add the more flexible piece with florist wire. Cut off smaller stems of the large blossom to add variation to the wreath by securing with more wire.
Hang on a mirror, wall, interior or exterior door for global Spring style!
Our Japanese rental front door is just gorgeous! It’s what sold me on this house. Doesn’t it have beautiful details?
The cherry blossoms have such a nice feminine contrast to it and I really like the trailing blossoms. It makes the ordinary wreath shape more interesting and organic. Which is totally appropriate for Japanese inspired decor.
If you don’t want to DIY this wreath, here are some of my favorites cherry blossom wreaths for the front door.
I’m just in love with Casa Watkins Living Flower Vase Tassel Wall Hanging. Make sure to head over to her blog if you haven’t seen it yet!
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
- Crafting Feathered Friends: A Step-by-Step Guide to DIY Paper Mache BirdsLearn how to make paper mache birds with supplies you already have using this easy DIY and step by step instructions for handmade modern decor.“ Birds of a feather stick…
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hey there fellow decorator! If you are anything like…
- Learn How to Make Beautiful Washi Paper Eggs with DecoupageMake these gorgeous DIY decoupage easter eggs with plastic eggs from the dollar store and washi or origami paper in a few simple steps. Spring is in the air and…
- Give Your Home a Spring Refresh with Things You Already HaveLearn how to refresh your home for Spring with 10 creative decorating ideas using things you already have. What’s your favorite part of spring? Birds singing, bulbs pushing up through…
- Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies…