Create a beautiful cherry blossom wreath with a variety of cherry blossom stems in 3 easy steps and find my favorite store-bought sakura wreath choices.
Can you imagine a park full of pink blooms and snowing petals? Sakura season in Japan is glorious. The dusty old park in our neighborhood is even magically transformed into a wonderful sea of pink during this time. What better way to bring in the season than to create a sakura cherry blossom wreath by hand.
DIY Sakura Wreath
Hello there and welcome to A Very Global Easter series. If you are coming over from Casa Watkins Living, welcome! We are sharing 7 days of globally influenced DIYs and today’s theme is an Easter wall hanging or wreath. There’s a large variety of faux sakura (cherry blossom) stems at the local Japanese dollar stores so I decided to transform a few into a beautiful sakura wreath for Spring.
*This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
For this Spring/Easter wreath you need:
- One faux cherry blossom stem that hangs
- Two faux cherry blossom stems
- One larger bloom stem
- Florist wire and a bowl for shaping stems
Make a sakura wreath in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Use a bowl to shape your stems into a wreath form.
Step 2: Secure the two regular stems by wrapping brown or green florist wire around them.
Step 3: Add the more flexible piece with florist wire. Cut off smaller stems of the large blossom to add variation to the wreath by securing with more wire.
Hang on a mirror, wall, interior or exterior door for global Spring style!
Our Japanese rental front door is just gorgeous! It’s what sold me on this house. Doesn’t it have beautiful details?
The cherry blossoms have such a nice feminine contrast to it and I really like the trailing blossoms. It makes the ordinary wreath shape more interesting and organic. Which is totally appropriate for Japanese inspired decor.
If you don’t want to DIY this wreath, here are some of my favorites cherry blossom wreaths for the front door.
I’m just in love with Casa Watkins Living Flower Vase Tassel Wall Hanging. Make sure to head over to her blog if you haven’t seen it yet!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting