Create a beautiful cherry blossom wreath with a variety of cherry blossom stems in 3 easy steps and find my favorite store-bought sakura wreath choices.
Can you imagine a park full of pink blooms and snowing petals? Sakura season in Japan is glorious. The dusty old park in our neighborhood is even magically transformed into a wonderful sea of pink during this time. What better way to bring in the season than to create a sakura cherry blossom wreath by hand.
DIY Sakura Wreath
Hello there and welcome to A Very Global Easter series. If you are coming over from Casa Watkins Living, welcome! We are sharing 7 days of globally influenced DIYs and today’s theme is an Easter wall hanging or wreath. There’s a large variety of faux sakura (cherry blossom) stems at the local Japanese dollar stores so I decided to transform a few into a beautiful sakura wreath for Spring.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
For this Spring/Easter wreath you need:
- One faux cherry blossom stem that hangs
- Two faux cherry blossom stems
- One larger bloom stem
- Florist wire and a bowl for shaping stems
Make a sakura wreath in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Use a bowl to shape your stems into a wreath form.
Step 2: Secure the two regular stems by wrapping brown or green florist wire around them.
Step 3: Add the more flexible piece with florist wire. Cut off smaller stems of the large blossom to add variation to the wreath by securing with more wire.
Hang on a mirror, wall, interior or exterior door for global Spring style!
Our Japanese rental front door is just gorgeous! It’s what sold me on this house. Doesn’t it have beautiful details?
The cherry blossoms have such a nice feminine contrast to it and I really like the trailing blossoms. It makes the ordinary wreath shape more interesting and organic. Which is totally appropriate for Japanese inspired decor.
If you don’t want to DIY this wreath, here are some of my favorites cherry blossom wreaths for the front door.
I’m just in love with Casa Watkins Living Flower Vase Tassel Wall Hanging. Make sure to head over to her blog if you haven’t seen it yet!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
- How to Create a Foyer and Keep it OrganizedLearn what things you should have to create a foyer that is functional and beautiful with these easy decorating and organization tips. We have had legit foyers in our last … Read More about Make a Beautiful Sakura Wreath in 3 Simple Steps!
- Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You MoneyNow it’s more important than ever to have a clean house! Use these five simple ways to save money and reduce waste when cleaning. A big thanks to Infuse for … Read More about Make a Beautiful Sakura Wreath in 3 Simple Steps!
- Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day GiftsLooking for unique handmade presents for Mother’s Day? Try these colorful and eclectic custom Mother’s Day gift ideas with supplies from around your house. With Mother’s Day just around the … Read More about Make a Beautiful Sakura Wreath in 3 Simple Steps!
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It … Read More about Make a Beautiful Sakura Wreath in 3 Simple Steps!
- How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free PrintablesUpdate your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor. Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how … Read More about Make a Beautiful Sakura Wreath in 3 Simple Steps!
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.