My home style Christmas tree this year is modern-eclectic and elegant with DIY boho Christmas ornaments and I’m sharing how to get the look!
Hi there! I’m so excited to be kicking off two great things today! First, my good friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing A Very Global Christmas series featuring 12 days of globally inspired Christmas DIYs, decorating tips, and more.
We are starting off with our trees in Stephanie’s annual My Home Style Blog Hop: Christmas Tree Edition. If you are coming from over there, welcome!! I’m so glad to have you. If you are new here, make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter so you don’t miss out on updates, free printables, and more.
Let’s sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and be inspired by some wonderfully talented bloggers and their Christmas trees. After you scroll to the end of the post you will see who’s next on the tour and the lineup for the week. Then make sure to come back tomorrow for A Very Global Christmas: Day 2!
My Home Style Christmas Tree with DIY Boho Christmas Ornaments
This is our first Christmas in a new house. We always seem to move houses close to the holidays but nevertheless, I’m more than ready for the challenge of decorating our home and the holidays.
Since we’ve acquired a few heirlooms like my grandmother’s large portrait and some other rather traditional and large statement pieces, I’ve been working on tying them seamlessly into our global pieces from living overseas but not letting our style get too formal or traditional.
My latest purchase that has helped with this is black and white curtains for our main living areas. They also frame our baby grand piano and tree perfectly. So without further ado, here is my modern, eclectic, and elegant Christmas tree.
Isn’t she pretty? I decided to put a modern twist on red and green ornaments by choosing copper/pinkish and turquoise ornamental balls in different sizes to go with some of our eclectic ornaments.
The fur ornaments my husband picked out when we were in Japan because they look like Tribbles (Star Trek anyone? )and I shared them last year. I also included my DIY mini plant hanging ornaments. My daughter still loves helping me decorate but my thirteen-year-old was nowhere to be found. lol To keep the kids happy and focused on the ornaments I chose for the trees, I let them each decorate a mini tree however their heart pleases them.
I’ve tried different tree toppers over the years but I spotted this gold angel at Cost Market (link below) and I was smitten. I love the global accent it adds! I also kept a large thrifted basket I found in Japan under the piano to tie in the global eclectic vibe.
On the left side of the piano is a bookcase we picked up in Japan that holds some of our treasures. It’s fun to mix these global finds with more traditional pieces. I think there is just enough quirky to keep our space from being too stuffy.
A couple of new elements I added to our tree this year were colorful tassels including a DIY tassel ornament that I will share later on, black ribbon ties, and a few clip-on white poinsettias.
I hope you enjoyed the tree tour! Now as promised, if you want to recreate the look or just use some of the elements, here is a shopping guide.
Christmas Tree Key Elements to Get the Look :
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You still pay the same price but I receive a small commission. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Modern: copper/pink and turquoise ornamental balls (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
Make sure to head over to Monica Wants It to see her tree! Monica floors me with her chinoiserie and elegant style every time.
Head over to the Winter holidays, DIYs, and decor page for more articles and resources!
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…