Try a Renoir inspired Modern, French-Bohemian Christmas tree with velvet trim and colorful ball ornaments. Part of My Home Style blog hop.
Has Christmas come to your house? I’m so excited to be participating in the 6th annual My Home Style: Christmas Tree edition hosted by Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living. Each year a group of bloggers shares three words that describe their trees with key elements to help you decorate your own tree.
Today also kicks off the twelve days of A Very Global Christmas series where Stephanie and I share globally inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips. You can join our free Facebook group, Very Global Home, to get more exclusive details and live crafting sessions.
My Home Style: French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Tree
Each one of us has our own unique style of decorating so you will find all sorts of inspiration to help you make your Christmas decor spectacular! Please join us every day this week for more ideas. You can find the full schedule including today’s bloggers at the bottom of this post.
Every year I love dreaming up a unique style or theme for our holiday decor. I decided to go with a Renoir inspired Christmas this year with recent changes in our home decor and my deep love of fine art. I absolutely adore the impressionist period. Especially Renoir’s use of black and white and floral elements in his compositions and sought to bring those out!
This year turned out to be a challenge with my prelit tree as all but one strand was not working. My family and I ended up spending four hours stripping the lights before decorating it with sore fingertips. 🙁
I preplanned my Renoir inspired Christmas decor by purchasing black and white striped wrapping paper and ended up buying more glass ball ornaments. The jewel tones and blush color choices from Target were too good to pass on.
Velvet trim for last year’s DIY mini wreath ornaments hangs from the tree this year in many different colors for a bohemian vibe. I hand-painted 10 pink floral ball ornaments for a floral element to tie into a floral arrangement and Renoir inspiration. I’ll be sharing those easy tutorials later on in the series.
We went for LED “Warm white” lights for the new light strands but I’m not sure if I like them. Have you tried LED Christmas lights? They seem to give off a more cool hue than anything. I was happy to add last year’s candle lights to give more warmth. I’ll share pictures with the lights on for my holiday home tour!
Most of the tree decor is glass ornament balls and velvet ribbon with a few additional older ornaments. I love how all of the colors tie into the new curtains in our living room.
More ribbon and some easy handmade gift tags embellish classic wrapping. We did our Christmas shopping super early this year so I would have gifts under the tree for today! My hubby helps every year with the wrapping. He’s so much better at it than I am. 🙂
Now let’s go see Taryn Whiteaker Designs’ Tree! Check out the list below for the line up this week.
I’ll see you tomorrow for a Christmas home tour!
You can find all of my winter DIYs and decorating tips on this page.
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art