Try a Renoir inspired Modern, French-Bohemian Christmas tree with velvet trim and colorful ball ornaments. Part of My Home Style blog hop.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
Has Christmas come to your house? I’m so excited to be participating in the 6th annual My Home Style: Christmas Tree edition hosted by Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living. Each year a group of bloggers shares three words that describe their trees with key elements to help you decorate your own tree.
Today also kicks off the twelve days of A Very Global Christmas series where Stephanie and I share globally inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips. You can join our free Facebook group, Very Global Home, to get more exclusive details and live crafting sessions.
My Home Style: French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Tree
Each one of us has our own unique style of decorating so you will find all sorts of inspiration to help you make your Christmas decor spectacular! Please join us every day this week for more ideas. You can find the full schedule including today’s bloggers at the bottom of this post.
Every year I love dreaming up a unique style or theme for our holiday decor. I decided to go with a Renoir inspired Christmas this year with recent changes in our home decor and my deep love of fine art. I absolutely adore the impressionist period. Especially Renoir’s use of black and white and floral elements in his compositions and sought to bring those out!
This year turned out to be a challenge with my prelit tree as all but one strand was not working. My family and I ended up spending four hours stripping the lights before decorating it with sore fingertips. 🙁
I preplanned my Renoir inspired Christmas decor by purchasing black and white striped wrapping paper and ended up buying more glass ball ornaments. The jewel tones and blush color choices from Target were too good to pass on.
Velvet trim for last year’s DIY mini wreath ornaments hangs from the tree this year in many different colors for a bohemian vibe. I hand-painted 10 pink floral ball ornaments for a floral element to tie into a floral arrangement and Renoir inspiration. I’ll be sharing those easy tutorials later on in the series.
We went for LED “Warm white” lights for the new light strands but I’m not sure if I like them. Have you tried LED Christmas lights? They seem to give off a more cool hue than anything. I was happy to add last year’s candle lights to give more warmth. I’ll share pictures with the lights on for my holiday home tour!
Most of the tree decor is glass ornament balls and velvet ribbon with a few additional older ornaments. I love how all of the colors tie into the new curtains in our living room.
More ribbon and some easy handmade gift tags embellish classic wrapping. We did our Christmas shopping super early this year so I would have gifts under the tree for today! My hubby helps every year with the wrapping. He’s so much better at it than I am. 🙂
Now let’s go see Taryn Whiteaker Designs’ Tree! Check out the list below for the line up this week.
I’ll see you tomorrow for a Christmas home tour!
You can find all of my winter DIYs and decorating tips on this page.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting