Try a Renoir inspired Modern, French-Bohemian Christmas tree with velvet trim and colorful ball ornaments. Part of My Home Style blog hop.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
Has Christmas come to your house? I’m so excited to be participating in the 6th annual My Home Style: Christmas Tree edition hosted by Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living. Each year a group of bloggers shares three words that describe their trees with key elements to help you decorate your own tree.
Today also kicks off the twelve days of A Very Global Christmas series where Stephanie and I share globally inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips. You can join our free Facebook group, Very Global Home, to get more exclusive details and live crafting sessions.
My Home Style: French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Tree
Each one of us has our own unique style of decorating so you will find all sorts of inspiration to help you make your Christmas decor spectacular! Please join us every day this week for more ideas. You can find the full schedule including today’s bloggers at the bottom of this post.
Every year I love dreaming up a unique style or theme for our holiday decor. I decided to go with a Renoir inspired Christmas this year with recent changes in our home decor and my deep love of fine art. I absolutely adore the impressionist period. Especially Renoir’s use of black and white and floral elements in his compositions and sought to bring those out!
This year turned out to be a challenge with my prelit tree as all but one strand was not working. My family and I ended up spending four hours stripping the lights before decorating it with sore fingertips. 🙁
I preplanned my Renoir inspired Christmas decor by purchasing black and white striped wrapping paper and ended up buying more glass ball ornaments. The jewel tones and blush color choices from Target were too good to pass on.
Velvet trim for last year’s DIY mini wreath ornaments hangs from the tree this year in many different colors for a bohemian vibe. I hand-painted 10 pink floral ball ornaments for a floral element to tie into a floral arrangement and Renoir inspiration. I’ll be sharing those easy tutorials later on in the series.
We went for LED “Warm white” lights for the new light strands but I’m not sure if I like them. Have you tried LED Christmas lights? They seem to give off a more cool hue than anything. I was happy to add last year’s candle lights to give more warmth. I’ll share pictures with the lights on for my holiday home tour!
Most of the tree decor is glass ornament balls and velvet ribbon with a few additional older ornaments. I love how all of the colors tie into the new curtains in our living room.
More ribbon and some easy handmade gift tags embellish classic wrapping. We did our Christmas shopping super early this year so I would have gifts under the tree for today! My hubby helps every year with the wrapping. He’s so much better at it than I am. 🙂
Now let’s go see Taryn Whiteaker Designs’ Tree! Check out the list below for the line up this week.
I’ll see you tomorrow for a Christmas home tour!
You can find all of my winter DIYs and decorating tips on this page.
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes
- How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look GoodCreate beautiful artificial flower arrangements with these simple tips. Perfect for a holiday centerpiece or any time of the year. I’m not going to lie, flower arranging has never been … Read More about How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look Good
- French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Home TourWelcome to our French, Modern-bohemian Christmas home tour part of the annual Very Merry Christmas Home Tour Blog hop! I’m thrilled to be joining Carrie from Lovely Etc.‘s annual blog … Read More about French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Home Tour
- Make Decoupage Coasters in Two Easy Steps Gift IdeaLooking for an easy gift idea? Try a set of decoupage coasters with globally inspired patterns and dollar store supplies. Don’t you love receiving a beautiful and thoughtful gift that … Read More about Make Decoupage Coasters in Two Easy Steps Gift Idea