Get your house ready for the season with easy Spring interior decorating ideas that you can do without spending any money.
Spring is officially here! I hope the weather is getting warmer where you live. We have had a beautiful, sunny week here in Okinawa but there are always challenges of living overseas especially when it comes to decor. Here is how I tackled seasonal decorating without spending money in our bright and sunny rental house.
5 Easy Spring Interior Decor Tips without Spending a Dime
You don’t have to spend money to change your house for the seasons. Shopping your home for the right colors and textures is a fantastic resource and don’t forget about looking outside for additional accessories!
- Bring in the light! Exchange heavy drapery for sheer or cotton curtains. Don’t forget to open them up! I love to tie my sheers at the bottom to create a causal and cheerful space and it also hides the too-short length.
- Add fresh flowers or plants to your space. Bring Spring indoors literally with seasonal flowers or plants from your yard (or local florist).
- Add accessories that remind you of Spring. Shop the house to find accessories in bright hues and fun textures. Display them in a pretty container.
- Switch out winter textiles to florals and bright colors for an instant Spring update. (Click here for a DIY pillow slipcover tutorial.) Storing pillow covers does not take up much space and it makes it easy to add seasonal updates. Don’t have any extra pillow covers stored? Swap with a different room or update a pillow by tying a Spring scarf around it!
- Hang artwork on your walls that represent Spring. A second option, switch out your art for a temporary Spring printable.
No matter the weather you may be experiencing outside, these quick changes can definitely bring the mood of Spring inside.
Using these simple decorating tips, your house can be ready for Spring in no time! How do you decorate for Spring?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review … Read More about 5 Spring Interior Decor Ideas that You Can Do for Free!
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about 5 Spring Interior Decor Ideas that You Can Do for Free!
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about 5 Spring Interior Decor Ideas that You Can Do for Free!
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about 5 Spring Interior Decor Ideas that You Can Do for Free!
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about 5 Spring Interior Decor Ideas that You Can Do for Free!
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.