Get your house ready for the season with easy Spring interior decorating ideas that you can do without spending any money.
Spring is officially here! I hope the weather is getting warmer where you live. We have had a beautiful, sunny week here in Okinawa but there are always challenges of living overseas especially when it comes to decor. Here is how I tackled seasonal decorating without spending money in our bright and sunny rental house.
5 Easy Spring Interior Decor Tips without Spending a Dime
You don’t have to spend money to change your house for the seasons. Shopping your home for the right colors and textures is a fantastic resource and don’t forget about looking outside for additional accessories!
- Bring in the light! Exchange heavy drapery for sheer or cotton curtains. Don’t forget to open them up! I love to tie my sheers at the bottom to create a causal and cheerful space and it also hides the too-short length.
- Add fresh flowers or plants to your space. Bring Spring indoors literally with seasonal flowers or plants from your yard (or local florist).
- Add accessories that remind you of Spring. Shop the house to find accessories in bright hues and fun textures. Display them in a pretty container.
- Switch out winter textiles to florals and bright colors for an instant Spring update. (Click here for a DIY pillow slipcover tutorial.) Storing pillow covers does not take up much space and it makes it easy to add seasonal updates. Don’t have any extra pillow covers stored? Swap with a different room or update a pillow by tying a Spring scarf around it!
- Hang artwork on your walls that represent Spring. A second option, switch out your art for a temporary Spring printable.
No matter the weather you may be experiencing outside, these quick changes can definitely bring the mood of Spring inside.
Using these simple decorating tips, your house can be ready for Spring in no time! How do you decorate for Spring?
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern,…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do…