Get your house ready for the season with easy Spring interior decorating ideas that you can do without spending any money.
Spring is officially here! I hope the weather is getting warmer where you live. We have had a beautiful, sunny week here in Okinawa but there are always challenges of living overseas especially when it comes to decor. Here is how I tackled seasonal decorating without spending money in our bright and sunny rental house.
5 Easy Spring Interior Decor Tips without Spending a Dime
You don’t have to spend money to change your house for the seasons. Shopping your home for the right colors and textures is a fantastic resource and don’t forget about looking outside for additional accessories!
- Bring in the light! Exchange heavy drapery for sheer or cotton curtains. Don’t forget to open them up! I love to tie my sheers at the bottom to create a causal and cheerful space and it also hides the too-short length.
- Add fresh flowers or plants to your space. Bring Spring indoors literally with seasonal flowers or plants from your yard (or local florist).
- Add accessories that remind you of Spring. Shop the house to find accessories in bright hues and fun textures. Display them in a pretty container.
- Switch out winter textiles to florals and bright colors for an instant Spring update. (Click here for a DIY pillow slipcover tutorial.) Storing pillow covers does not take up much space and it makes it easy to add seasonal updates. Don’t have any extra pillow covers stored? Swap with a different room or update a pillow by tying a Spring scarf around it!
- Hang artwork on your walls that represent Spring. A second option, switch out your art for a temporary Spring printable.
No matter the weather you may be experiencing outside, these quick changes can definitely bring the mood of Spring inside.
Using these simple decorating tips, your house can be ready for Spring in no time! How do you decorate for Spring?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes