Get your house ready for the season with easy Spring interior decorating ideas that you can do without spending any money.
Spring is officially here! I hope the weather is getting warmer where you live. We have had a beautiful, sunny week here in Okinawa but there are always challenges of living overseas especially when it comes to decor. Here is how I tackled seasonal decorating without spending money in our bright and sunny rental house.
5 Easy Spring Interior Decor Tips without Spending a Dime
You don’t have to spend money to change your house for the seasons. Shopping your home for the right colors and textures is a fantastic resource and don’t forget about looking outside for additional accessories!
- Bring in the light! Exchange heavy drapery for sheer or cotton curtains. Don’t forget to open them up! I love to tie my sheers at the bottom to create a causal and cheerful space and it also hides the too-short length.
- Add fresh flowers or plants to your space. Bring Spring indoors literally with seasonal flowers or plants from your yard (or local florist).
- Add accessories that remind you of Spring. Shop the house to find accessories in bright hues and fun textures. Display them in a pretty container.
- Switch out winter textiles to florals and bright colors for an instant Spring update. (Click here for a DIY pillow slipcover tutorial.) Storing pillow covers does not take up much space and it makes it easy to add seasonal updates. Don’t have any extra pillow covers stored? Swap with a different room or update a pillow by tying a Spring scarf around it!
- Hang artwork on your walls that represent Spring. A second option, switch out your art for a temporary Spring printable.
No matter the weather you may be experiencing outside, these quick changes can definitely bring the mood of Spring inside.
Using these simple decorating tips, your house can be ready for Spring in no time! How do you decorate for Spring?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig and … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room MakeoverHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. If you had four … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room Makeover
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates