Get your house ready for the season with easy Spring interior decorating ideas that you can do without spending any money.
Spring is officially here! I hope the weather is getting warmer where you live. We have had a beautiful, sunny week here in Okinawa but there are always challenges of living overseas especially when it comes to decor. Here is how I tackled seasonal decorating without spending money in our bright and sunny rental house.
5 Easy Spring Interior Decor Tips without Spending a Dime
You don’t have to spend money to change your house for the seasons. Shopping your home for the right colors and textures is a fantastic resource and don’t forget about looking outside for additional accessories!
- Bring in the light! Exchange heavy drapery for sheer or cotton curtains. Don’t forget to open them up! I love to tie my sheers at the bottom to create a causal and cheerful space and it also hides the too-short length.
- Add fresh flowers or plants to your space. Bring Spring indoors literally with seasonal flowers or plants from your yard (or local florist).
- Add accessories that remind you of Spring. Shop the house to find accessories in bright hues and fun textures. Display them in a pretty container.
- Switch out winter textiles to florals and bright colors for an instant Spring update. (Click here for a DIY pillow slipcover tutorial.) Storing pillow covers does not take up much space and it makes it easy to add seasonal updates. Don’t have any extra pillow covers stored? Swap with a different room or update a pillow by tying a Spring scarf around it!
- Hang artwork on your walls that represent Spring. A second option, switch out your art for a temporary Spring printable.
No matter the weather you may be experiencing outside, these quick changes can definitely bring the mood of Spring inside.
Using these simple decorating tips, your house can be ready for Spring in no time! How do you decorate for Spring?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- One Room Challenge Bathroom UpdateOur One Room Challenge week four bathroom renovation update with moody and eclectic mood boards and room mock-ups. This post contains sponsors and affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about One Room Challenge Bathroom Update
- An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall PaintSee how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update. *This is a sponsored … Read More about An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint
- Making Over a Bathroom on a BudgetFind ideas for updating a bathroom on a budget with DIYs that you can do yourself and my One Room Challenge week 2 progress. *This is a sponsored post with … Read More about Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo EasilyFind easy decorating tips for how to divide a living room and dining room combo with floor, wall, and furniture ideas. *This post contains gifted products and affiliate links to … Read More about How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo Easily
- Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic BathroomSee how I’m transforming our small space into a colorful and eclectic bathroom with moody vibes and a gallery wall for the One Room Challenge. *This post contains affiliate links … Read More about Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom