Find out how to display seashells with these beautiful seashell home decor DIYs and ideas for displaying seashells and other coastal finds.
Hello my friend! Over the last ten years or so I’ve been collecting beach finds and adding a bit of coastal style with seashell decor ideas in our eclectic home. I thought it would be great to have all of the shell DIYs and decorating tips for display in one post where I can continue to update when needed.
Easy Seashell Decorating Ideas and DIYs
The great thing about decorating with shells, coral, and other beach finds is that they add a lovely touch of neutral texture that can fit into any decorating style. When I add them into our colorful and eclectic decor it feels more curated.
Seashells and oysters with a touch of glam reminds me of the lavish art deco period which I love to have a subtle hint of. No need for a strictly coastal home to include these coastal ideas although those are beautiful too!
So without further ado here are all my favorite ways to use these beach beauties.
- Create a stunning oyster shell mirror on a budget with this easy DIY for an eye catching seashell home decor accessory. I created this one for free with leftover oyster shells and an old mirror but it looks so expensive!
- Make summer decor in just minutes with DIY copper and coral napkin rings. This fun project takes 3 steps and is a great way to use those beach finds!
- DIY a beautiful and modern shell wall hanging with your coastal and beach finds using this easy DIY seashell decor idea and dollar store supplies. This could hang on a door, wall, window, or in a porch or patio.
- If you have a really large shell fill the inside with seashell and coral pieces, sea glass, and top with an air plant. This looks so pretty on a stack of books or table top vignette! It’s one of the easiest seashell ideas for decorating I’ve tried!
- Get the look for less with these gorgeous Joss & Main inspired DIY sea shell place card holders. They only take two steps to create and can be used for summer or holiday table settings to add an elegant touch.
- Here’s how to create high-end looking bookends (inspired by Horchow) with finds from the beach and dollar store. These look great on a bookshelf but also a pretty way to display some books on a table.
- A little time consuming but very easy to make and the result is stunning. Try a DIY seashell wreath with step by step instructions.
- Find tips for styling shelves with a seaside inspired bookcase featuring coastal colors and textures. .
- Another simple idea for seashells is to layout them out on a beautiful tray for display!
- Look for interesting shell decor while you are out thrifting! I found a beautiful seashell hanging for under $20. They may look outdated at the thrift store but in the right setting adds elegance!
There are so many options for seashell decoration ideas and I hope these sparked interest for you! Next on my list are DIY seashell candle holders and a seashell planter. Comment below and tell me which one was your favorite or if you have any new coastal projects.
Looking for a little extra help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five day email decorating course that gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers just for subscribers.