Do you love collecting seashells but hate they collect dust? Turn your beach souvenirs into beautiful displays with these easy DIYs and decorating ideas.
Beautiful Seashell Decorating Ideas and DIYs
My husband calls them little corpses scattered around the house. But my seashells trigger memories of salty air and a cool breeze. They hold special memories from sand-filled vacations and homes I still ache for. When I add them into our colorful and eclectic decor it feels more curated and more us.
Learn simple tips to transform your seashell collection into stunning art that will win amaze even the most skeptical husband.
- Create a stunning oyster shell mirror on a budget with this easy DIY for an eye-catching seashell home decor accessory. I created this one for free with leftover oyster shells and an old mirror but it looks so expensive!
- Make summer decor in just minutes with DIY copper and coral napkin rings. This fun project takes 3 steps and is a great way to use those beach finds!
- DIY a beautiful and modern shell wall hanging with your coastal and beach finds using this easy DIY seashell decor idea and dollar store supplies. This could hang on a door, wall, window, or in a porch or patio.
- If you have a really large shell fill the inside with seashell and coral pieces, sea glass, and top with an air plant. This looks so pretty on a stack of books or tabletop vignette! It’s one of the easiest seashell ideas for decorating I’ve tried!
- Get the look for less with these gorgeous Joss & Main inspired DIY seashell place cardholders. They only take two steps to create and can be used for summer or holiday table settings to add an elegant touch.
- Here’s how to create high-end looking bookends (inspired by Horchow) with finds from the beach and dollar store. These look great on a bookshelf but also a pretty way to display some books on a table.
- A little time consuming but very easy to make and the result is stunning. Try a DIY seashell wreath with step by step instructions.
- Find tips for styling shelves with a seaside-inspired bookcase featuring coastal colors and textures.
- Another simple idea for seashells is to layout them out on a beautiful tray for display!
- Look for interesting shell decor while you are out thrifting! I found a beautiful seashell hanging for under $20. They may look outdated at the thrift store but in the right setting adds elegance!
There are so many options for seashell decoration ideas and I hope these sparked interest for you! Next on my list are DIY seashell candle holders and a seashell planter. Comment below and tell me which one was your favorite or if you have any new coastal projects.
Make sure to check out my summer page full of DIYs, decorating tips, and printables for the season.