Find ideas for St Patty’s Day Home decor from 17 different bloggers. Get all of the green inspiration you need for your home during this season.
Hi there friend! Seventeen of us bloggers have tons of green decor to share with you in honor of St Patrick’s Day. Scroll down to find the schedule of home tours and decor throughout the week. A big thank you to our hostess Meg from Green with Decor!
St Patty’s Day Home Decor Ideas
“Less is more” is usually my decorating philosophy during the holidays. I enjoy shopping the house for decor in appropriate colors (green, gold, and black and white) which usually give me ideas for quick DIYs to add something new.
The first little vignette I created for this home tour is on the foyer faux fireplace. A few stacked books in green hues, DIY gold leaf shamrock art, and DIY black and gold art was an effortless way to add a little pop of green for the upcoming holiday.
The rest of my green decor is spread around the living room to keep the eye moving. There’s not a whole lot of green in my house so I knew putting all of it in one room would make a bigger impact.
I did find a fantastic floral pillow at Home Goods while I was in Texas and snagged two more pillow covers at a local Japanese store last weekend for the matching pair of barrel back club chairs. Along with the different shades of green, are pops of purple and pink. It’s really refreshing after having mostly neutral winter decor.
A shamrock shape cut out from gold tape is an easy way to add St Patrick’s Day decor quickly. Just put it on a pot or vase.
The sofa table even showcases green, black, and white with a throw blanket and decorative book.
Bright flowers, aqua candlesticks, and other pops of green and black and white keep the color palette moving to the coffee table.
Easy decor tip: Don’t let taper candle holders hold you back from using pillar candles or tea lights!
Another DIY I created for this year’s St Patrick’s Day is a DIY clay gold horseshoe. A super fun way to add a bit of luck!
I recently found an awesome large candle lantern and finally put it to use as a plant terrarium decorated with a butterfly fan. I mixed faux and real plants to make an easy arrangement.
Another quick update was to wrap white candles with black electrical tape to create black and white stripes. It was super easy and they look like I bought them that way. I grouped them with a peach buddha head on a green plate. I love creating layers no matter how weird it is. It’s good to have weird decor!
This is the most green decor I’ve had in awhile and I’m looking forward to transitioning it to summer decor!
Find more green inspiration below with these fantastic home tours!
Thursday, March 10
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes