Make a pretty succulent and shamrock wall hanging with this easy DIY and supplies from the dollar store for a modern St Patty’s Day decor.
Are you tired of generic store-bought seasonal decor? It can get expensive and clutter up storage bins. I love repurposing crafts and looking in the dollar store for inexpensive supplies to make fresh and modern decor every holiday. Let’s get crafty together!
DIY Dollar Store St Patrick’s Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
I found all of my supplies at the 100 yen store. Normal size grapevine wreaths are hard to find where we live, so I searched for anything I could use as a door hanging. There were a lot of creative options and I settled on a burlap pocket storage organizer. When I saw the faux succulents and different shades of green felt, I knew what I wanted to do.
What you need for a succulent and shamrock wall hanging:
- Burlap pocket organizer
- Crafting felt in assorted greens
- White and gold craft or spray paint
- An assortment of faux succulents and greenery
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to put the wall hanging together:
- Remove the pole or other hanger from the burlap pocket holder.
- Spray paint the hanger gold.
- Spray paint or use craft paint to change the burlap to white.
- Cut out a shamrock template, hold in place with a straight pin, and cut out felt shamrocks. Create an ombre effect by using different green hues from lights to darks.
- Attached them to a piece of twine or string with a bit of hot glue.
- Arrange your faux succulents in the pockets of the burlap holder.
- Embellish with metallic tape for an extra pop of gold!
If the door looks interesting or unusual, that’s because we are a military family stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and live off base in a rental house.
Don’t you love getting creative with dollar store supplies? You can see what I did with the faux succulents and more felt after St Patrick’s Day.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes