Make a pretty succulent and shamrock wall hanging with this easy DIY and supplies from the dollar store for a modern St Patty’s Day decor.
Are you tired of generic store-bought seasonal decor? It can get expensive and clutter up storage bins. I love repurposing crafts and looking in the dollar store for inexpensive supplies to make fresh and modern decor every holiday. Let’s get crafty together!
DIY Dollar Store St Patrick’s Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
I found all of my supplies at the 100 yen store. Normal size grapevine wreaths are hard to find where we live, so I searched for anything I could use as a door hanging. There were a lot of creative options and I settled on a burlap pocket storage organizer. When I saw the faux succulents and different shades of green felt, I knew what I wanted to do.
What you need for a succulent and shamrock wall hanging:
- Burlap pocket organizer
- Crafting felt in assorted greens
- White and gold craft or spray paint
- An assortment of faux succulents and greenery
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to put the wall hanging together:
- Remove the pole or other hanger from the burlap pocket holder.
- Spray paint the hanger gold.
- Spray paint or use craft paint to change the burlap to white.
- Cut out a shamrock template, hold in place with a straight pin, and cut out felt shamrocks. Create an ombre effect by using different green hues from lights to darks.
- Attached them to a piece of twine or string with a bit of hot glue.
- Arrange your faux succulents in the pockets of the burlap holder.
- Embellish with metallic tape for an extra pop of gold!
If the door looks interesting or unusual, that’s because we are a military family stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and live off base in a rental house.
Don’t you love getting creative with dollar store supplies? You can see what I did with the faux succulents and more felt after St Patrick’s Day.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig and … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room MakeoverHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. If you had four … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room Makeover
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates