Make a pretty succulent and shamrock wall hanging with this easy DIY and supplies from the dollar store for a modern St Patty’s Day decor.
Are you tired of generic store-bought seasonal decor? It can get expensive and clutter up storage bins. I love repurposing crafts and looking in the dollar store for inexpensive supplies to make fresh and modern decor every holiday. Let’s get crafty together!
DIY Dollar Store St Patrick’s Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
I found all of my supplies at the 100 yen store. Normal size grapevine wreaths are hard to find where we live, so I searched for anything I could use as a door hanging. There were a lot of creative options and I settled on a burlap pocket storage organizer. When I saw the faux succulents and different shades of green felt, I knew what I wanted to do.
What you need for a succulent and shamrock wall hanging:
- Burlap pocket organizer
- Crafting felt in assorted greens
- White and gold craft or spray paint
- An assortment of faux succulents and greenery
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to put the wall hanging together:
- Remove the pole or other hanger from the burlap pocket holder.
- Spray paint the hanger gold.
- Spray paint or use craft paint to change the burlap to white.
- Cut out a shamrock template, hold in place with a straight pin, and cut out felt shamrocks. Create an ombre effect by using different green hues from lights to darks.
- Attached them to a piece of twine or string with a bit of hot glue.
- Arrange your faux succulents in the pockets of the burlap holder.
- Embellish with metallic tape for an extra pop of gold!
If the door looks interesting or unusual, that’s because we are a military family stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and live off base in a rental house.
Don’t you love getting creative with dollar store supplies? You can see what I did with the faux succulents and more felt after St Patrick’s Day.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review … Read More about Here’s How to Make a Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about Here’s How to Make a Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about Here’s How to Make a Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about Here’s How to Make a Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about Here’s How to Make a Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.