Make a pretty succulent and shamrock wall hanging with this easy DIY and supplies from the dollar store for a modern St Patty’s Day decor.
Are you tired of generic store-bought seasonal decor? It can get expensive and clutter up storage bins. I love repurposing crafts and looking in the dollar store for inexpensive supplies to make fresh and modern decor every holiday. Let’s get crafty together!
DIY Dollar Store St Patrick’s Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
I found all of my supplies at the 100 yen store. Normal size grapevine wreaths are hard to find where we live, so I searched for anything I could use as a door hanging. There were a lot of creative options and I settled on a burlap pocket storage organizer. When I saw the faux succulents and different shades of green felt, I knew what I wanted to do.
What you need for a succulent and shamrock wall hanging:
- Burlap pocket organizer
- Crafting felt in assorted greens
- White and gold craft or spray paint
- An assortment of faux succulents and greenery
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to put the wall hanging together:
- Remove the pole or other hanger from the burlap pocket holder.
- Spray paint the hanger gold.
- Spray paint or use craft paint to change the burlap to white.
- Cut out a shamrock template, hold in place with a straight pin, and cut out felt shamrocks. Create an ombre effect by using different green hues from lights to darks.
- Attached them to a piece of twine or string with a bit of hot glue.
- Arrange your faux succulents in the pockets of the burlap holder.
- Embellish with metallic tape for an extra pop of gold!
If the door looks interesting or unusual, that’s because we are a military family stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and live off base in a rental house.
Don’t you love getting creative with dollar store supplies? You can see what I did with the faux succulents and more felt after St Patrick’s Day.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle