Make a pretty succulent and shamrock wall hanging with this easy DIY and supplies from the dollar store for a modern St Patty’s Day decor.
Are you tired of generic store-bought seasonal decor? It can get expensive and clutter up storage bins. I love repurposing crafts and looking in the dollar store for inexpensive supplies to make fresh and modern decor every holiday. Let’s get crafty together!
DIY Dollar Store St Patrick’s Succulent and Shamrock Wall Hanging
I found all of my supplies at the 100 yen store. Normal size grapevine wreaths are hard to find where we live, so I searched for anything I could use as a door hanging. There were a lot of creative options and I settled on a burlap pocket storage organizer. When I saw the faux succulents and different shades of green felt, I knew what I wanted to do.
What you need for a succulent and shamrock wall hanging:
- Burlap pocket organizer
- Crafting felt in assorted greens
- White and gold craft or spray paint
- An assortment of faux succulents and greenery
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to put the wall hanging together:
- Remove the pole or other hanger from the burlap pocket holder.
- Spray paint the hanger gold.
- Spray paint or use craft paint to change the burlap to white.
- Cut out a shamrock template, hold in place with a straight pin, and cut out felt shamrocks. Create an ombre effect by using different green hues from lights to darks.
- Attached them to a piece of twine or string with a bit of hot glue.
- Arrange your faux succulents in the pockets of the burlap holder.
- Embellish with metallic tape for an extra pop of gold!
If the door looks interesting or unusual, that’s because we are a military family stationed in Okinawa, Japan, and live off base in a rental house.
Don’t you love getting creative with dollar store supplies? You can see what I did with the faux succulents and more felt after St Patrick’s Day.
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern,…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do…