Try this cute idea for blue and green Christmas decor using a tinsel tree and floral stems to match your room colors!
It can be so fun to have customized holiday decor that matches your room. This year I tried blue and green Christmas decor in our master bedroom to compliment a recent room makeover and the tone-on-tone decorating trick is one I use often.
Blue and Green Christmas Decor
Seasons Greetings friend! Welcome back to A Very Global Christmas series where my friend Casa Watkins Living and I share twelve days of globally inspired Christmas ideas. We usually have very specific themes for each day like Christmas trees, ornaments, and wreaths but Day 7 is for surface decorating which means anything goes.
Find all of A Very Global Christmas stories on this page!
I completely made over our master bedroom last year using soft blue and green with a focal grey landscape mural on the headboard wall. This summer the small master bedroom ensuite was renovated into a beautiful garden-inspired bathroom and I wanted Christmas decor to play off both spaces.
I set up our small champagne tinsel Christmas tree on the tall dresser and after fluffing it out, went looking for blue and green things to use. My mom had given me some floral stems recently so I tried wrapping 3 large sprays right into the tinsel tree. The bottom stems went to the bottom of the tree and floral and leafy stems were easy to shape into the tinsel branches.
The floral stems look like they are growing right out of the second-hand brass pot!
I added blue and green glass ball ornaments and a partridge to the top of the tree that was recycled from my “partridge in a pear tree” advent tree. I love the play on the bathroom garden theme wallpaper.
It’s very exciting to have an almost complete bathroom and bedroom. We still have to paint the new sliding door and patchwork on the walls and ceiling. My husband says he’ll help during Christmas break. 🙂
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
The flower stems have that suede soft texture look and feel. The bright blue flowers look really cute and seem to be the perfect scale for the tree.
Sometimes you don’t know if an idea will work until your try it! I was happy to get this tree together in minutes and without any hip cups. If you’re looking to match room decor you should try this fun idea too!
Now let’s head over to see Stephanie’s DIY Terra Cotta Bells. They are so cute!!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…