See how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update.
*This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and options are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Up to Date Interiors possible.
The power of paint is a wondrous thing, my friend. I’m so excited to share my experience using Clare paint in beautiful white and black wall colors to update our bathroom for the One Room Challenge. Let me tell you, Clare made the process so easy and convenient that the usual chore was actually fun!
White and Black Wall Paint in the Bathroom
Let me first share a quick recap of this fun bi-annual challenge. The One Room Challenge with official media sponsor Better Homes and Gardens is a 6-week long room makeover featuring 20 designers and 100s of guest participants like myself. We all share weekly updates with a final reveal at the end of the series.
Find all of the related articles and reveal below:
- Week 1: Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom
- Week 2: Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- Week 3: An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint (you are here)
- Week 4: One Room Challenge Bathroom Progress with Updated Renderings
- Week 5: How to Hang Unpasted Wallpaper by Yourself
- Week 6: A Classic Black and White Marble Bathroom Reveal
Before and After with White and Black Walls
I’ve been wanting to try Clare paint ever since I first heard about this pioneering paint brand that ships zero VOC, GREENGAURD Gold Certified, high-quality paint, and supplies right to your front door!
So when they said yes to sponsoring my One Room Challenge I asked for mess-free paint samples of their beautiful deep and moody hues and bright whites. With help from my Instagram followers, I decided on using Snow Day and Blackish.
The white and black wall paint colors came with a paint can opener, stir sticks, rollers, and pan so I was able to start right away.
I started with the black wall paint as I was anxious to see how it looked in the small-dark bathroom. It was definitely the right choice!
The two walls around the toilet were the only two I painted dark to showcase the new marble tile going in (hopefully soon!) and an art gallery wall.
I was pleased with the ease Clare paint went on and only needed one coat with minimal touch-ups. The roller they sent was perfect for the crow’s foot texture walls.
The gray cabinets near the toilet were here when we bought the house and I was on the fence whether or not to change the color. After seeing them next to the dark paint I think they will stay. It is such a sophisticated color combo for a kids’ bathroom and I love it! The art wall is really going to pop.
Moving on to the vanity side which I wanted bright white was a quick and easy two coats of paint. It dries quickly to the touch so there wasn’t any time wasted getting it done. I also painted the medicine cabinet white that was sticking out like a sore thumb.
Check out what a difference the white made! I also had my husband remove the middle door as we are having professionals widen that area.
Our new light fixture from Crystorama arrived just in time for pictures so I went ahead and installed the vanity light and a new mirror. I’ll give you all the details in the reveal post!
The dramatic black and white sides of the two spaces will be stunning when the bathroom is completed! Check out this post to see what else is going into the space.
A huge thank you to these wonderful sponsors for helping me make this gorgeous bathroom a reality.
Here’s what I have left to do in the next three weeks:
Have the light switched box on one side moved to the vanity side Remove the door between the bath and vanity areaand expand the walkway Repair the drywall Sand the ceiling on the vanity side Paint the vanity side, trim, door, and medicine cabinet white Paint the tub/toilet side black with black trim
- Install cove molding on the vanity side
- Apply wallpaper to the ceiling
Add gold pulls to the cabinets Hang the new light fixture Hang new mirror
- Install marble and gold shelf over toilet
- Hang new shelf under vanity mirror
- Install new faucet
- Change the towel hangers to an antique hook
- Have professional tilers install new tub surround and flooring
- Have professional refinish tub
- Replace tub faucet, drain, and cover
- Sew a custom extra-long shower curtain
- Make a faux roman shade
Update toilet holder
- Hang gallery wall
- Add new rugs and other decor
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art