See how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update.
*This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and options are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Up to Date Interiors possible.
The power of paint is a wondrous thing, my friend. I’m so excited to share my experience using Clare paint in beautiful white and black wall colors to update our bathroom for the One Room Challenge. Let me tell you, Clare made the process so easy and convenient that the usual chore was actually fun!
White and Black Wall Paint in the Bathroom
Let me first share a quick recap of this fun bi-annual challenge. The One Room Challenge with official media sponsor Better Homes and Gardens is a 6-week long room makeover featuring 20 designers and 100s of guest participants like myself. We all share weekly updates with a final reveal at the end of the series.
Find all of the related articles and reveal below:
- Week 1: Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom
- Week 2: Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- Week 3: An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint (you are here)
- Week 4: One Room Challenge Bathroom Progress with Updated Renderings
- Week 5: How to Hang Unpasted Wallpaper by Yourself
- Week 6: A Classic Black and White Marble Bathroom Reveal
Before and After with White and Black Walls
I’ve been wanting to try Clare paint ever since I first heard about this pioneering paint brand that ships zero VOC, GREENGAURD Gold Certified, high-quality paint, and supplies right to your front door!
So when they said yes to sponsoring my One Room Challenge I asked for mess-free paint samples of their beautiful deep and moody hues and bright whites. With help from my Instagram followers, I decided on using Snow Day and Blackish.
The white and black wall paint colors came with a paint can opener, stir sticks, rollers, and pan so I was able to start right away.
I started with the black wall paint as I was anxious to see how it looked in the small-dark bathroom. It was definitely the right choice!
The two walls around the toilet were the only two I painted dark to showcase the new marble tile going in (hopefully soon!) and an art gallery wall.
I was pleased with the ease Clare paint went on and only needed one coat with minimal touch-ups. The roller they sent was perfect for the crow’s foot texture walls.
The gray cabinets near the toilet were here when we bought the house and I was on the fence whether or not to change the color. After seeing them next to the dark paint I think they will stay. It is such a sophisticated color combo for a kids’ bathroom and I love it! The art wall is really going to pop.
Moving on to the vanity side which I wanted bright white was a quick and easy two coats of paint. It dries quickly to the touch so there wasn’t any time wasted getting it done. I also painted the medicine cabinet white that was sticking out like a sore thumb.
Check out what a difference the white made! I also had my husband remove the middle door as we are having professionals widen that area.
Our new light fixture from Crystorama arrived just in time for pictures so I went ahead and installed the vanity light and a new mirror. I’ll give you all the details in the reveal post!
The dramatic black and white sides of the two spaces will be stunning when the bathroom is completed! Check out this post to see what else is going into the space.
A huge thank you to these wonderful sponsors for helping me make this gorgeous bathroom a reality.
Here’s what I have left to do in the next three weeks:
Have the light switched box on one side moved to the vanity side Remove the door between the bath and vanity areaand expand the walkway Repair the drywall Sand the ceiling on the vanity side Paint the vanity side, trim, door, and medicine cabinet white Paint the tub/toilet side black with black trim
- Install cove molding on the vanity side
- Apply wallpaper to the ceiling
Add gold pulls to the cabinets Hang the new light fixture Hang new mirror
- Install marble and gold shelf over toilet
- Hang new shelf under vanity mirror
- Install new faucet
- Change the towel hangers to an antique hook
- Have professional tilers install new tub surround and flooring
- Have professional refinish tub
- Replace tub faucet, drain, and cover
- Sew a custom extra-long shower curtain
- Make a faux roman shade
Update toilet holder
- Hang gallery wall
- Add new rugs and other decor
- Easy DIY Moss Easter Eggs with Plastic EggsTransform cheap plastic eggs into beautiful moss Easter eggs with this easy DIY. Part of A Very Global Easter series. Are you looking for a creative way to transform cheap … Read More about Easy DIY Moss Easter Eggs with Plastic Eggs
- Make this Easy White Easter Tree in MinutesCreate a beautiful and modern white Easter tree in under 5 minutes with this simple DIY using plastic white branches. When do you start thinking about Spring? Is it that … Read More about Make this Easy White Easter Tree in Minutes
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig and … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick Laundry Room Makeover on a BudgetHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. Check out this laundry … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick Laundry Room Makeover on a Budget
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint