An easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china.
Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden china recently and couldn’t wait to use the gorgeous pink floral pattern in a tablescape. Their feminine appearance balances out our green and blue dining room beautifully.
Pink Christmas Table Setting
Welcome back to A Very Global Christmas. This series goes by so fast every year! Today is Day 11 and all about globally inspired table decor. It is bittersweet because my dear friend Casa Watkins Living and I have been doing this together for four years. She recently had a family emergency and understandably has had to take time off. I’m sharing some of my favorite posts from her creative website so make sure to scroll to the bottom for more inspiration!
Recently I gave a refresh to our dining space with a DIY landscape wall mural, new chairs, rug, window treatment, and a DIY cane cabinet makeover. The new space is so fun to decorate now! My grandmother’s pink Dresden china plays off the pink from the rug and floral Anthropologie roman shade. And I put together a dramatic artificial floral centerpiece to pull it all together. How fun is this?
Now I did put this tablescape together in minutes since I had already finished the centerpiece arrangement. I also created some cute bottle tree place card holders that I’m sharing tomorrow with a free printable.
The pink Christmas table setting is simple with woven chargers, a dinner place and soup bowl from the Dresden set, vintage gold bamboo flatware, crystal glass, and a cloth napkin with a thrifted brass napkin ring arranged like a bow.
The holidays are different this year as I’m sure you can relate. It is just the four of us. My husband made clam chowder and apple crisp for Thanksgiving as I painted the bathroom for the One Room Challenge reveal. I’ve enjoyed Facetiming with my friends and family for hours.
The only other Christmas decor that features florals is the garland on the fireplace mantel. I love that you can see right to it from the dining table. I simply added a discounted Spring garland right on top of an evergreen garland.
The wall mural has been so much fun to have. I painted it while we quarantined at home and it inspired the entire room refresh. It is such a great backdrop for zoom remote learning and dinner views.
Glenda, the floral Grecian pot (also from Anthropologie) looks lovely against the romantic landscape too.
I thought about using more table linens but I love how this simple pink tablescape looks on the glass F dining table. And I don’t mind that it only takes a few minutes to set.
I hope you have been enjoying this series. Make sure to visit Casa Watkins Living to see her globally inspired Christmas decor and DIYs.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having our dream master bedroom with … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One of the struggles of living … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it later on and it was … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you a happy Spring. I’m … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes