Velvet pumpkins add a soft and modern touch to your seasonal decor. Find gorgeous ideas for velvet pumpkin decor displays!
Isn’t there something so luxurious about velvet? It adds a soft layer to your everyday decor, can really punch up your seasonal styling, and velvet furnishings, curtains, and decor are everywhere now thanks to its trend.
12 Velvet Pumpkin Decor Ideas
A few years ago, I jumped on the DIY velvet pumpkin train and love using them in my Fall decor every year. It’s the only Fall decor that made the move to Japan because of its modern and beautiful aesthetic so I try to think of new ways to display them every year. So here are my favorite ways to decorate with velvet pumpkins.
Display them on something unusual.
Last year, a few of them sat in a mirror, kind of weird right? But it made a great little display on top of books in Autumn hues and some beach decor.
Add interest to your built ins.
Use a cake plate to showcase them.
I created a West Elm inspired cake plate with dollar store supplies. I love the moodiness it brings with Daphne, feathers, and worn music books.
Set them on pillar candle stands at various heights.
This lovely little vignette was a transition between halloween and Thanksgiving and incorporates silk velvet orange pumpkins displayed on our beautiful Okinawan pine table.
Use them on your fireplace mantel.
One day I hope to have a real fireplace mantel to decorate but that doesn’t stop me from using a faux fireplace surround to showcase art and seasonal decor.
Use a monochromatic color scheme for a centerpiece with your pumpkins.
I used a soft color palette of white, sea-glass, and metallics for a casual and coastal Thanksgiving table setting.
Spotlight a gorgeous velvet pumpkin with a sculptural object.
By setting an unique tea candle holder on a stack of books, it gave my pumpkin more visual interest in the foyer. You knew as soon as you came into our house that Fall was on the mind.
Use your neutral pumpkins with nature inspired decor.
Mix white pumpkins with moss rocks in a gold bowl for neutral decor inspired by nature.
Display pumpkins with modern art and/or glass.
I love using my pumpkins with non traditional Fall decor like Japanese glass floats and styled in front of a modern print.
Make pumpkins and succulents/air plants friends for a trendy look.
A little peek into this year’s decor. A couple of my pumpkins with a faux air plant in a Japanese thrifted bowl.
Set a grouping together on a dresser or chest.
Use similar colors in your decorating palette and add them into an existing vignette in your bedroom, dining room, or foyer table.
Include them with other soft furnishings.
They can beautiful by themselves when placed on or near other soft furnishings. Just think of them as a throw pillow but throw “pumpkin”.
Need a simple and quick tutorial for DIY velvet pumpkins? Click the picture below. These are the pumpkins I made years ago and showed many examples of how to decorate with them.
Want more inspiration? Check out how velvet pumpkins are displayed in beautiful blue and white chinoiserie decor and 50+ ideas for Fall seasonal and holiday decor. How do you display your velvet pumpkins? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art