Beautiful and Easy Velvet Pumpkin Decor Ideas You’ll Love
Velvet pumpkins add a soft and modern touch to your seasonal decor. Find gorgeous ideas for velvet pumpkin decor displays!
Isn’t there something so luxurious about velvet? It adds a soft layer to your everyday decor, can really punch up your seasonal styling, and velvet furnishings, curtains, and decor are everywhere now thanks to its trend.
12 Velvet Pumpkin Decor Ideas
A few years ago, I jumped on the DIY velvet pumpkin train and love using them in my Fall decor every year. It’s the only Fall decor that made the move to Japan because of its modern and beautiful aesthetic so I try to think of new ways to display them every year. So here are my favorite ways to decorate with velvet pumpkins.
Display them on something unusual.
Last year, a few of them sat in a mirror, kind of weird right? But it made a great little display on top of books in Autumn hues and some beach decor.
Add interest to your built ins.
I used them in our Okinawan foyer. The natural light and white finishes in the rental made the perfect backdrop for Fall/Halloween colors to really pop!
Use a cake plate to showcase them.
I created a West Elm inspired cake plate with dollar store supplies. I love the moodiness it brings with Daphne, feathers, and worn music books.
Set them on pillar candle stands at various heights.
This lovely little vignette was a transition between halloween and Thanksgiving and incorporates silk velvet orange pumpkins displayed on our beautiful Okinawan pine table.
Use them on your fireplace mantel.
One day I hope to have a real fireplace mantel to decorate but that doesn’t stop me from using a faux fireplace surround to showcase art and seasonal decor.
Use a monochromatic color scheme for a centerpiece with your pumpkins.
I used a soft color palette of white, sea-glass, and metallics for a casual and coastal Thanksgiving table setting.
Spotlight a gorgeous velvet pumpkin with a sculptural object.
By setting an unique tea candle holder on a stack of books, it gave my pumpkin more visual interest in the foyer. You knew as soon as you came into our house that Fall was on the mind.
Use your neutral pumpkins with nature inspired decor.
Mix white pumpkins with moss rocks in a gold bowl for neutral decor inspired by nature.
Display pumpkins with modern art and/or glass.
I love using my pumpkins with non traditional Fall decor like Japanese glass floats and styled in front of a modern print.
Make pumpkins and succulents/air plants friends for a trendy look.
A little peek into this year’s decor. A couple of my pumpkins with a faux air plant in a Japanese thrifted bowl.
Set a grouping together on a dresser or chest.
Use similar colors in your decorating palette and add them into an existing vignette in your bedroom, dining room, or foyer table.
Include them with other soft furnishings.
They can beautiful by themselves when placed on or near other soft furnishings. Just think of them as a throw pillow but throw “pumpkin”.
Need a simple and quick tutorial for DIY velvet pumpkins? Click the picture below. These are the pumpkins I made years ago and showed many examples of how to decorate with them.
Want more inspiration? Check out how velvet pumpkins are displayed in beautiful blue and white chinoiserie decor and 50+ ideas for Fall seasonal and holiday decor. How do you display your velvet pumpkins? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
- Learn how to find your design style with simple tips and tricks!A guide for “how to find my design style” in your house with designer tips and tricks that will help you be confident with decorating. Do you know what looks…
- Pretty and Practical: Simple Storage Ideas for Any SpaceLearn how to incorporate beautiful, creative, and simple storage solutions that elevate both form and function in your home. Are you tired of cluttered and disorganized spaces in your home,…
- Making Floral Arrangements Easy and Beautiful with Simple DIY MethodsDon’t wilt under pressure – find simple DIY methods for making floral arrangements beautiful with fake or real flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? They are the icing on the cake…
- How to Paint Candles with Ombre for a Simple Scandi CenterpieceElevate your candle game by using our step-by-step tutorial for painting ombre candles and create a beautiful Scandi centerpiece. Hello friend. I hope this holiday season is treating you right! …
- Bring the Outdoors In: Decorate with These Beautiful Bird PrintablesJoin over 2,000 subscribers and receive weekly newsletters, exclusive offers, and monthly freebies like free bird printables art straight to your inbox. My free bird printable art is a great…
Love the velvet pumpkins, how would you add reaches to the Top? Thanks
Sorry meant feathers
Hmmm… I hot glued the stems to the top of the pumpkins. Where you talking about feathers somewhere else? I had a lot of photos with feathers in them. lol