Velvet pumpkins add a soft and modern touch to your seasonal decor. Find gorgeous ideas for velvet pumpkin decor displays!
Isn’t there something so luxurious about velvet? It adds a soft layer to your everyday decor, can really punch up your seasonal styling, and velvet furnishings, curtains, and decor are everywhere now thanks to its trend.
12 Velvet Pumpkin Decor Ideas
A few years ago, I jumped on the DIY velvet pumpkin train and love using them in my Fall decor every year. It’s the only Fall decor that made the move to Japan because of its modern and beautiful aesthetic so I try to think of new ways to display them every year. So here are my favorite ways to decorate with velvet pumpkins.
Display them on something unusual.
Last year, a few of them sat in a mirror, kind of weird right? But it made a great little display on top of books in Autumn hues and some beach decor.
Add interest to your built ins.
Use a cake plate to showcase them.
I created a West Elm inspired cake plate with dollar store supplies. I love the moodiness it brings with Daphne, feathers, and worn music books.
Set them on pillar candle stands at various heights.
This lovely little vignette was a transition between halloween and Thanksgiving and incorporates silk velvet orange pumpkins displayed on our beautiful Okinawan pine table.
Use them on your fireplace mantel.
One day I hope to have a real fireplace mantel to decorate but that doesn’t stop me from using a faux fireplace surround to showcase art and seasonal decor.
Use a monochromatic color scheme for a centerpiece with your pumpkins.
I used a soft color palette of white, sea-glass, and metallics for a casual and coastal Thanksgiving table setting.
Spotlight a gorgeous velvet pumpkin with a sculptural object.
By setting an unique tea candle holder on a stack of books, it gave my pumpkin more visual interest in the foyer. You knew as soon as you came into our house that Fall was on the mind.
Use your neutral pumpkins with nature inspired decor.
Mix white pumpkins with moss rocks in a gold bowl for neutral decor inspired by nature.
Display pumpkins with modern art and/or glass.
I love using my pumpkins with non traditional Fall decor like Japanese glass floats and styled in front of a modern print.
Make pumpkins and succulents/air plants friends for a trendy look.
A little peek into this year’s decor. A couple of my pumpkins with a faux air plant in a Japanese thrifted bowl.
Set a grouping together on a dresser or chest.
Use similar colors in your decorating palette and add them into an existing vignette in your bedroom, dining room, or foyer table.
Include them with other soft furnishings.
They can beautiful by themselves when placed on or near other soft furnishings. Just think of them as a throw pillow but throw “pumpkin”.
Need a simple and quick tutorial for DIY velvet pumpkins? Click the picture below. These are the pumpkins I made years ago and showed many examples of how to decorate with them.
Want more inspiration? Check out how velvet pumpkins are displayed in beautiful blue and white chinoiserie decor and 50+ ideas for Fall seasonal and holiday decor. How do you display your velvet pumpkins? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting