Velvet pumpkins add a soft and modern touch to your seasonal decor. Find gorgeous ideas for velvet pumpkin decor displays!
Isn’t there something so luxurious about velvet? It adds a soft layer to your everyday decor, can really punch up your seasonal styling, and velvet furnishings, curtains, and decor are everywhere now thanks to its trend.
12 Velvet Pumpkin Decor Ideas
A few years ago, I jumped on the DIY velvet pumpkin train and love using them in my Fall decor every year. It’s the only Fall decor that made the move to Japan because of its modern and beautiful aesthetic so I try to think of new ways to display them every year. So here are my favorite ways to decorate with velvet pumpkins.
Display them on something unusual.
Last year, a few of them sat in a mirror, kind of weird right? But it made a great little display on top of books in Autumn hues and some beach decor.
Add interest to your built ins.
Use a cake plate to showcase them.
I created a West Elm inspired cake plate with dollar store supplies. I love the moodiness it brings with Daphne, feathers, and worn music books.
Set them on pillar candle stands at various heights.
This lovely little vignette was a transition between halloween and Thanksgiving and incorporates silk velvet orange pumpkins displayed on our beautiful Okinawan pine table.
Use them on your fireplace mantel.
One day I hope to have a real fireplace mantel to decorate but that doesn’t stop me from using a faux fireplace surround to showcase art and seasonal decor.
Use a monochromatic color scheme for a centerpiece with your pumpkins.
I used a soft color palette of white, sea-glass, and metallics for a casual and coastal Thanksgiving table setting.
Spotlight a gorgeous velvet pumpkin with a sculptural object.
By setting an unique tea candle holder on a stack of books, it gave my pumpkin more visual interest in the foyer. You knew as soon as you came into our house that Fall was on the mind.
Use your neutral pumpkins with nature inspired decor.
Mix white pumpkins with moss rocks in a gold bowl for neutral decor inspired by nature.
Display pumpkins with modern art and/or glass.
I love using my pumpkins with non traditional Fall decor like Japanese glass floats and styled in front of a modern print.
Make pumpkins and succulents/air plants friends for a trendy look.
A little peek into this year’s decor. A couple of my pumpkins with a faux air plant in a Japanese thrifted bowl.
Set a grouping together on a dresser or chest.
Use similar colors in your decorating palette and add them into an existing vignette in your bedroom, dining room, or foyer table.
Include them with other soft furnishings.
They can beautiful by themselves when placed on or near other soft furnishings. Just think of them as a throw pillow but throw “pumpkin”.
Need a simple and quick tutorial for DIY velvet pumpkins? Click the picture below. These are the pumpkins I made years ago and showed many examples of how to decorate with them.
Want more inspiration? Check out how velvet pumpkins are displayed in beautiful blue and white chinoiserie decor and 50+ ideas for Fall seasonal and holiday decor. How do you display your velvet pumpkins? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
- 10 Gorgeous Modern Outdoor Fire Pits You Need to SeeGet ready for cooler temps and outside activities with these beautiful modern outdoor fire pits ideas for your outdoor space. I’m making sure we have multiple places to hang out … Read More about 10 Gorgeous Modern Outdoor Fire Pits You Need to See
- How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall QuicklyChange your room in an afternoon with a DIY painted arch accent wall and update a piece of furniture in the same color for a big impact! *This post is … Read More about How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall Quickly
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board
- How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins CenterpieceTransform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY. Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could … Read More about How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece