You can have a beautiful Thanksgiving table and decor for pennies with these inexpensive decorating ideas plus late Fall inspiration from over 15 bloggers.
Greetings! Our house is all ready for the holiday using paper Thanksgiving decorations and repurposed Fall decor. I’m excited to share how easy it is to decorate for Thanksgiving on a budget plus loads of beautiful late Fall inspiration from my eclectic friends and their home tours.
Inexpensive Thanksgiving and Fall Decorating Ideas
Welcome to Something Different Late Fall Home Tours hosted by Cassie Bustamante. Every day this week you can find new inspiration for Fall and Thanksgiving decor from a talented group of bloggers. Scroll down to the end for the full schedule! Today I’m joining these fine ladies.
If you are new here, howdy! I’m a recently retired military spouse who moved back to Texas after being gone 19 years. I’ve perfected the art of rental decorating and overcoming challenges in small spaces the last fifteen years but now am tackling home ownership with a new set of challenges! I love infusing colorful global style with DIYs and furnishings in our one story 60’s ranch style home.
I love going all out at the beginning of the season when I pull out all of my fall, pumpkins, and halloween decor. Every year I try something new with pumpkins repurposing decor when I can. This year I repurposed some of my larger faux pumpkins to look like heirloom pumpkins. You can totally do this with dollar store pumpkins by the way!
At the beginning of October our house transitions into elegant halloween decor and I participated in a new thrift-o-ween series in IGTV. By the time November rolls around I’m ready to pack up most of my fall decor and just leave out a lovely setting for Thanksgiving with a few nods to the Fall season. After all Christmas is just around the corner.
Easy Thanksgiving Decorating on a Budget
Keep it simple with a few pumpkins to create beautiful fall vignettes in your living areas. I simplified our early Fall fireplace decor by only using a handful of pumpkins with faux fall foliage. (Say that three times fast!)
Shop your house for warm metals to set out to create a cozier atmosphere. I love mixing any colorful tapers in our brass candlesticks. They seriously look good with any holiday or everyday decor.
A few more pumpkins are placed around evenly adorning our built in media bookcase, coffee table, and side table.
It totally helps that we recently found a new sofa on FB marketplace. The olive green will be so much fun to decorate with all year. I guess you can tell I’m passionate about greens!
It’s super fun and easy to mix in minimal seasonal decor when they are metallic or soft earthy colors like the mint green.
Just a few well placed pumpkins and faux leaves (or better yet, grab some branches from your yard!) can create an elegant setting for Thanksgiving. If you want to add some visual reminders to be thankful, try printing out a free printable to go in one of your frames.
Thanksgiving Table on a Budget
In our open concept living areas you just turn around and you are in the dining space. I used a few more of my faux painted pumpkins and faux leaves to keep the decor consistant in such a small space. Here are other ideas for creating a beautiful holiday table for less!
Layer your china with everyday dishes for an interesting setting. I used my grandmother’s Dresden dinner plates with some cute fall pottery and thrifted salad plates and flatware. This trick is used often to create different looks for holidays and occassions without having to buy new dishes! Shop thrift stores and estate sales and only purchase one type of dish if you do want to add in something new on the cheap.
Use paper Thanksgiving decorations to keep costs down. Since I decided to keep this holiday a little more minimal I decided to forgo table textiles including cloth dinner napkins. I created printable utensil holders that add fun touch and keep the table from being too serious or formal. Pretty green paper napkins tuck in neatly behind the gold bamboo ware.
Aren’t the colors and layers fun? I love that you can see right through the table to my boho fabric covered chairs. And the centerpiece ties it all in!
I hope these few simple thanksgiving decorating ideas on a budget sparked some inspiration for you! The best part is there isn’t a whole lot that has to be put away before the Christmas decor comes out.
Would love to hear if you have any favorite tips or tricks for keeping Thanksgiving decor elegant but on a budget! And check out 50+ Fall, Thanksgiving, and Halloween ideas.
But first, let’s go visit these beautiful late Fall home tours. Shall we?
- How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall QuicklyChange your room in an afternoon with a DIY painted arch accent wall and update a piece of furniture in the same color for a big impact! *This post is … Read More about How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall Quickly
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board
- How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins CenterpieceTransform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY. Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could … Read More about How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece
- Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love WithIs it Autumn yet? Find a mix of beautiful and easy DIY Fall outdoor wreaths and my favorite online store picks for beautiful modern wreaths! Aren’t the change of seasons … Read More about Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love With