Create a beautiful-elegant Easter tablescape with everyday dishes and table setting tips. No need to stress over the holidays!
I love to entertain for the holidays but it can be a pain to get the step stool to reach my good dishes and the thought of trying to arrange a beautiful flower centerpiece makes me cringe. I always mess it up! Follow these easy tips to get a beautiful Easter table without the hassle of fine china and a trip to the florist.
How to Create an Elegant Easter Tablescape with Everday Dishes
Welcome to A Very Global Easter series Day Five where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired decorating tips, DIYs, and printables. Scroll down to the end to see Stephanie’s creative tablescape idea!
Steps for an effortless chic Easter table.
- First layer a couple of table textiles. Use a combination of table runners, placemats, and table cloths. I layered a smaller runner over an IKEA curtain panel to cover most of the table.
- Mix your everyday dishes so that you have a dinner plate and bowl, salad or dessert plate or any combination of the above. The easiest way to add interest and style is with layers! Mix and match styles for an eclectic global aesthetic.
- Create a centerpiece with an Easter basket full of beautiful eggs and a larger decorative item like a rabbit or pillar candle. Shop your house for no-fuss seasonal decor. A cake plate with seasonal items on top is another great option! Want another idea? Try putting easter grass and/or eggs on top of the soil of a house plant for a stress-free centerpiece.
- Summon a Midsummer’s Night Dream whimsical aura and layer a few faux floral and green stems across your chandelier. Little details like this help create an overall sensational space!
- Add a couple of throw pillows to your dining chairs for more interest and comfort without much effort. Don’t be afraid to use bold colors against a neutral backdrop for an extra pop.
Our dining space is between the kitchen and living room in an open concept single-story ranch home. As I decorate the table I want it to be cohesive with the rest of the house.
It never lacks color and interest even though I try to keep my maximalist impulses on the simpler side. And it also helps that the kitchen is nice and bright with white cabinets.
With the china safe on the cabinet upper shelves, I sill have a beautiful table for Easter. Do you have any tips to share to make seasonal decorating less of a hassle? Leave me a comment and let’s chat!
Make sure to check out Stephanie’s Colorful Spring Kitchen Shelves. Her kitchen makeover is one of my favorites!!
- How to Make Mini Easter Baskets with Dishes
- Make a Bohemian Easter Garland in Minutes!
- Easy Elegant Easter Tablescape with Everyday Dishes
- How to Make a Beautiful Orchid Wreath in 2 Easy Steps
- Free Printable Colored Easter Eggs and Rabbits Decorations
Looking for a little extra help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course that gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers just for subscribers.