Create a beautiful-elegant Easter tablescape with everyday dishes and table setting tips. No need to stress over the holidays!
I love to entertain for the holidays but it can be a pain to get the step stool to reach my good dishes and the thought of trying to arrange a beautiful flower centerpiece makes me cringe. I always mess it up! Follow these easy tips to get a beautiful Easter table without the hassle of fine china and a trip to the florist.
How to Create an Elegant Easter Tablescape with Everyday Dishes
Some years I love to go all out for the holidays with my grandmother’s fine china and crystal, formal table cloths and napkins, and grand centerpieces especially when we are entertaining most of the extended family.
But for the years that it is just our immediate family, we are settling into a new house, or simply want a stress-free meal; I enjoy creating a casual but elegant option.
Welcome to A Very Global Easter series Day Five where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired decorating tips, DIYs, and printables. Stephanie and I host two “A Very Global” holiday series together a year, Easter and Christmas, and they are really when our creative sides shine with unique ideas.
Scroll down to the end to see Stephanie’s global decorated kitchen shelves for Spring.
Steps for an effortless chic Easter table.
Just a few thoughtful items can turn an everyday tablescape into a special place for an Easter or spring meal. Throw out the rules of formal table settings and mix and match with what you use every day.
- First, layer a couple of table textiles by using a combination of table runners, placemats, and table cloths. I layered a smaller runner over an IKEA curtain panel to cover most of the table. Light blankets, scarves, and throws all work great for table textiles as well.
- Mix your everyday dishes so that you have a dinner plate and bowl, salad or dessert plate, or any combination of the above. The easiest way to add interest and style is with layers! Mix and match styles for an eclectic global aesthetic. A solid plate with a patterned one, china with a bamboo plate, an everyday dish with crystal. It all works! Try a patterned printed napkin layered on top to add interest if using white dish ware.
- Polish off each table setting with a Spring or Easter embellishment. I create mini Easter baskets with Japanese sake cups but a floral stem from the yard or decorated Easter egg would be a lovely topper too.
- Create a centerpiece with an Easter basket full of beautiful eggs and a larger decorative item like a rabbit or pillar candle. Shop your house for no-fuss seasonal decor. A cake plate with seasonal items on top is another great option! Want another idea? Try putting easter grass and/or eggs on top of the soil of a house plant for a stress-free centerpiece. A pretty storage bin, container, empty planter, or tray are also good pieces to display Easter grass and eggs in.
- Summon a Midsummer’s Night Dream whimsical aura and layer a few faux floral and green stems across your chandelier. Little details like this help create an overall sensational space! Recycle an old wreath or garland or grab a few new stems from the craft or dollar store.
- Add a couple of throw pillows to your dining chairs for more interest and comfort without much effort. Don’t be afraid to use bold colors against a neutral backdrop for an extra pop. Borrow them from the sofa or bedrooms if you don’t have extras stored away.
I love how elegant yet casual this year’s Easter tablescape feels. There are nice details and plenty of room for Easter supper.
Our dining space is between the kitchen and living room in an open concept single-story ranch home that we recently purchased. As I decorate the table I want it to be cohesive with the rest of the colorful and eclectic house.
My decorating style never lacks color and interest even though I try to keep my maximalist impulses on the simpler side. And it also helps that the kitchen is nice and bright with white cabinets although I do plan on painting them down the road!
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
With the china safe on the cabinet upper shelves, I still have a beautiful table for Easter. Do you have any tips to share to make seasonal decorating less of a hassle? Leave me a comment and let’s chat!
Make sure to visit Stephanie’s Colorful Spring Kitchen Shelves. Her kitchen makeover is one of my favorites!! And if you have little ones running around this Easter, here is a fun story and video on how to set a kid’s easter table.
Looking for more Spring and Easter decorating ideas? Check out A Guide to Spring and Holidays and find printables for Spring cleaning and decorating, lots of Easter DIYs and ideas, and more seasonal goodies.
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…