Add global style to your Easter decorations this year with a simple Nordic inspired garland DIY using white ostrich and pheasant feathers.
Here I am again. Trying to come up with a new seasonal DIY using items I already have. At least I know I’m making some sort of garland. That just requires something long and skinny and items I can attach to the long skinny thing. Right? How does your brain work when coming up with craft ideas? 🙂
Nordic Inspired Feather Garland DIY
Welcome to day 6 of A Very Global Easter. If you are new to this series, my friend Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing 7 days of globally influenced Easter decorating ideas and DIYs. Today we are sharing DIY Garland ideas!
If you are coming over from Casa Watkins Living, hello! We are a military family living in Japan. You’ll usually find me sharing lots of rental decorating ideas and DIYs. You can also tour our traditional Japanese home with American style.
Supplies needed a DIY feather garland:
*This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
This pretty and minimal garland is super easy to make.
- Cut a six-foot piece of baker’s twine. Layout your feathers on the string spacing them out evenly.
- Tie each feather to the string with a knot and hang.
And that’s it!! Don’t you love a 5 minute DIY?
I hung ours in the dining room. It was the perfect way to add interest to our closet doors and balance out a colorful botanical Easter tablescape in this traditional tatami room. It would also look great across the fireplace mantel.
You can take a live tour of our Easter dining room on my youtube channel!
If you haven’t seen Casa Watkins Living Easter garland make sure to check out her DIY Scandinavian Floral Tassel Garland. Isn’t it gorgeous?
We have one more DIY to share tomorrow so make sure you pop in if you want to see it! I’ll be using the same method for coming up with a new idea by using items I already have.
Find the best decorating ideas for Spring and more on my A Guide to Spring page.
You might also enjoy these Spring posts:
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting