Add global style to your Easter decorations this year with a simple Nordic inspired garland DIY using white ostrich and pheasant feathers.
Here I am again. Trying to come up with a new seasonal DIY using items I already have. At least I know I’m making some sort of garland. That just requires something long and skinny and items I can attach to the long skinny thing. Right? How does your brain work when coming up with craft ideas? 🙂
Nordic Inspired Feather Garland DIY
Welcome to day 6 of A Very Global Easter. If you are new to this series, my friend Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing 7 days of globally influenced Easter decorating ideas and DIYs. Today we are sharing DIY Garland ideas!
If you are coming over from Casa Watkins Living, hello! We are a military family living in Japan. You’ll usually find me sharing lots of rental decorating ideas and DIYs. You can also tour our traditional Japanese home with American style.
Supplies needed a DIY feather garland:
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
This pretty and minimal garland is super easy to make.
- Cut a six-foot piece of baker’s twine. Layout your feathers on the string spacing them out evenly.
- Tie each feather to the string with a knot and hang.
And that’s it!! Don’t you love a 5 minute DIY?
I hung ours in the dining room. It was the perfect way to add interest to our closet doors and balance out a colorful botanical Easter tablescape in this traditional tatami room. It would also look great across the fireplace mantel.
You can take a live tour of our Easter dining room on my youtube channel!
If you haven’t seen Casa Watkins Living Easter garland make sure to check out her DIY Scandinavian Floral Tassel Garland. Isn’t it gorgeous?
We have one more DIY to share tomorrow so make sure you pop in if you want to see it! I’ll be using the same method for coming up with a new idea by using items I already have.
Find the best decorating ideas for Spring and more on my A Guide to Spring page.
You might also enjoy these Spring posts:
- Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You MoneyNow it’s more important than ever to have a clean house! Use these five simple ways to save money and reduce waste when cleaning. A … Read More about Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You Money
- Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day GiftsLooking for unique handmade presents for Mother’s Day? Try these colorful and eclectic custom Mother’s Day gift ideas with supplies from around your house. With … Read More about Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hello! I hope you … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
- How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free PrintablesUpdate your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor. Happy Spring friend! … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
- You’ll Love This Beautiful and Colorful Boho TablescapeCreate a beautiful boho tablescape with an easy grocery store flower arrangement and succulent accents from the dollar store. Spending lots of time and money … Read More about You’ll Love This Beautiful and Colorful Boho Tablescape