Learn how to paint plastic ornaments with a beautiful floral pattern to update your Christmas tree this year.
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
Are you looking for a way to change your Christmas tree this year without having to buy new ornaments? Try this easy tutorial to update plastic ornament balls with paint!
How to Paint Plastic Ornaments
Check out our unique Christmas tree styles and part one of holiday home tours from the first two days. Make sure to join our free Facebook group, Very Global Home, to get more exclusive details and live crafting sessions.
My Christmas decor this year is inspired by Renior and reflects a French, modern-bohemian style. I wanted to add ornaments that fit into the vibe without having to spend money. I decided to update older plastic ornament balls with paint markers in an easy floral pattern.
What you need to paint plastic ornaments:
How to paint a floral pattern:
Start by painting three ovals for the large flower petals in light pink. Paint a smaller darker oval (red) on each petal and then outline part of that with orange once the paint dries. Fill in the middle with a white circle. Finish with three little black dots. Don’t worry about trying to paint perfect flowers as this is a more abstract pattern. They remind me of Rifle Paper Co patterns, right?
Paint stems and leaves using two different colors. Add in more flowers around the ornament.
Use purple and blue paint marks to create a purple flower vine.
Use the ornament you just painted as a template for a batch of ornaments. I have a collection of sake cups that I used to keep the ornaments in place. You could also use an empty egg carton, napkin rings, or egg cups as stands.
I love the pop of floral on our tree and they were really fun to paint!
Now let’s go see Stephanie’s DIY Ornaments!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting