Embellish your gifts this year with DIY Christmas potpourri gift tags that look beautiful on holiday or everyday wrapping paper.
Happy holidays friend! I’m joining you today with my good friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living in our annual series, A Very Global Christmas. It’s my favorite way to kick of the season with twelve days of globally inspired Christmas DIYs, decorating ideas, printables, entertaining, and more!
Today marks Day five and wraps of the first week. Speaking of wrapping up, today is for creative gift wrapping! We are sharing Days 6-8 to bring us to Thanksgiving weekend and then we’ll finish with our last four days to include holiday home tours.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram for more behind the scenes, video tutorials, and other fun happenings.
DIY Christmas Potpourri Gift Tags
I’ve had so much fun with this year’s them which I described when sharing my floral Christmas tree as romantic, natural, and maximalist with inspiration from Japanese greenery, a Greek tradition, and French potpourri. A bit of an odd mix I know, but they fit beautifully together for just the look I was going for.
You can catch up on previous stories and years at A Very Global Christmas page. So far I showed how to decorate a stunning Christmas tree with flowers, DIY potpourri pomegranate ornaments, a modern twist on a pomegranate Christmas wreath, and how to put together an advent wreath centerpiece with items you already have.
How to make colorful potpourri gift tags:
- Color card stock Tip: Try coordinating colors with your gift wrap, tree, and/or potpourri.
- Pieces of potpourri or other dried floral
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Cut your card stock into squares or another size you prefer. Hot glue pieces of potpourri in one corner. Let dry. Write the recipient’s name on the back of the gift tag or use a metallic sharpie to write on top!
I have a box of postcards with Pantone colors that I trimmed to make the gift tags. I knew I wanted to use green and white botanical gift wrap to go with my floral-themed Christmas and selected colors that matched the floral stems on my Christmas tree.
It was fun to arrange different pieces of potpourri using different colors and shapes. I made each gift tag different than the last.
I used the same potpourri on my DIY pomegranate ornaments and pomegranate Christmas wreath. It has a pear Christmas scent that is delightful.
I love that the gift recipient can tuck the gift tag in a clothing drawer or keep it in the car for a holiday scent. There is plenty of space on the back of the gift tags to make a note of that!
The “pear tree” potpourri came with wooden pears and I’ll use them to embellish the gifts under the tree. It’s so fun creating a present vignette to match the decorated Christmas tree and I do something different every year!
Different ideas for arranging your potpourri embellishment is to start with a larger round piece than add flanks or sides to it.
You can simply mix different colors and sizes together or try a symmetrical arrangement with 2-4 pieces.
Here they are with my floral tree! I love corraling smaller gifts in pretty containers like baskets and bins. I also used leftover pomegranates and stems from my tree in a basket for more interest.
Would you believe that I had my Christmas shopping by the end of October? It makes it much easier to wrap real presents for decorating. My grandmother whose portrait is next to the tree reused wrapped empty boxes every year with her gorgeous tree. But she also used the same holiday decorations every year.
I hope these easy DIY gift tags inspired you to spruce up your gift wrapping this year!
Head over to Casa Watkins Living for Holiday Gift Wrapping Ideas with Plants and Sea Glass and make sure to see her other beautiful botanical ideas from this series!
- What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the HallwayWhat is dado railing? Learn more about this common molding and a creative way on how to easily update a boring hallway. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year New Room Refresh challenge hosted by my good friend Casa Watkins Living. Today marks week 3 of this one-month room makeover and I’m excited to share … Read More about What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the Hallway
- Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware IdeasOur hallways are getting a refresh this month and I’m narrowing down choices for blue hallway runners and light and hardware this week. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year New Room Refresh hosted by Casa Watkins Living where 12 bloggers are making over a room in four short weeks. I had so much fun … Read More about Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware Ideas
- Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before PicturesCheck out what I have planned to turn a dark hallway into a colorful are gallery in just four weeks for the New Year New Room Refresh. Happy New Year! I can’t believe it is already time for another New Year New Room Refresh. This fun challenge is hosted by my dear friend Casa Watkins … Read More about Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before Pictures
- A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYsWelcome to our maximalist holiday house tour full of globally inspired DIYs, floral, fruit, and garland mixed with colorful room designs. Greetings friend! I’m thrilled to be joining my talented friends in sharing our Christmas home tours with you all week. This festive seasonal blog hop is hosted by Marty from A Stroll through Life … Read More about A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYs
- How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDFPrint out your own free Christmas carols PDF and turn it into a caroling booklet with a beautiful cover and binding. Christmas Caroling has been around for centuries! Is there a more fun way to celebrate the holiday than singing favorite Christmas tunes with family and friends to spread joy and cheer? DIY Christmas Carols … Read More about How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDF