Do you love Chinoiserie Christmas decor? Use these easy tips to set a beautiful blue and white holiday tablescape.
Don’t you love decorating for the holiday season? Having a beautiful Christmas dinner table is one of my favorite things to do but sometimes thinking about filling all of that surface space can feel daunting. Especially when it is a larger table.
How to set a beautiful Chinoiserie Christmas table with runner and decor!
The trick is to set the mood with a beautiful table centerpiece and the rest is an easy flow from there. Here are my simple tips for setting a beautiful Chinoiserie Christmas style tablescape in minutes.
Welcome to A Very Global Christmas where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing twelve days of globally inspired DIYs, decorating tips, and entertaining ideas. We are already on day ten if you can believe it and will be wrapping up the series this week!
You can find all of the posts from this year and previous years at A Very Global Christmas page. Today we are sharing table decor ideas so make sure to pop on over to Stephanie’s beautiful site to see her kitchen table decor.
Tip One: Think outside the box with a unique table runner! This can be a global printed fabric, your favorite wrapping paper, a scarf, blanket, or like I used; a Japanese obi which is the sash that goes around the kimono.
Keep in mind the size of your table when choosing the width of your table runner. A larger table can handle a 24 wide inch scarf laid out flat while with a smaller table you should fold it longways first.
Tip Two: Use an appropriate size table centerpiece. Create a wow factor by using a grouping of similar items like brass candlesticks or a large decorative bowl for flowers, ornaments, or candles. Think of the depth of the table in thirds if you are unsure how much space it should take. The centerpiece can fill up to a third.
Check out how I created chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces!!
Two more effortless ways to achieve a beautiful and large Christmas centerpiece on your table runner is to either lay a decorated or natural wreath flat on the table with candle sticks in the middle for height. Or place an inexpensive poinsettia in a pretty container. Both are stunning options.
Tip Three: Add in accessories on either side of your centerpiece. These decorative pieces can be a small version of your centerpiece or something simple like pillar candles wrapped in garland. For a longer table try using 2-3 additional pieces on each side of the center or start with two centerpieces.
Tip Four: When having a beautiful table runner and decor the table settings will come easily. Mix up sets of dishes for an eclectic mix or your best china for a traditional dinner. Top each setting with an ornament, mini wreath, fresh sprig, or faux flower to complete the look!
I had so much fun decorating our dining chandelier too. Just a simple piece of garland did the trick and makes a beautiful statement.
I hope all of these tips inspired you to set a seasonal table this year! You can find all of my Christmas decorating ideas and DIYs on this page.
I would love to hear your favorite decorating tips for a Christmas table and any other comments or questions. Just leave me a comment and let’s chat.
Now on to see Stephanie’s beautiful kitchen island decor.
Just two more days of global Christmas ideas!! Hope to see you soon.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting