Do you love Chinoiserie Christmas decor? Use these easy tips to set a beautiful blue and white holiday tablescape.
Don’t you love decorating for the holiday season? Having a beautiful Christmas dinner table is one of my favorite things to do but sometimes thinking about filling all of that surface space can feel daunting. Especially when it is a larger table.
How to set a beautiful Chinoiserie Christmas table with runner and decor!
The trick is to set the mood with a beautiful table centerpiece and the rest is an easy flow from there. Here are my simple tips for setting a beautiful Chinoiserie Christmas style tablescape in minutes.
Welcome to A Very Global Christmas where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing twelve days of globally inspired DIYs, decorating tips, and entertaining ideas. We are already on day ten if you can believe it and will be wrapping up the series this week!
You can find all of the posts from this year and previous years at A Very Global Christmas page. Today we are sharing table decor ideas so make sure to pop on over to Stephanie’s beautiful site to see her kitchen table decor.
Tip One: Think outside the box with a unique table runner! This can be a global printed fabric, your favorite wrapping paper, a scarf, blanket, or like I used; a Japanese obi which is the sash that goes around the kimono.
Keep in mind the size of your table when choosing the width of your table runner. A larger table can handle a 24 wide inch scarf laid out flat while with a smaller table you should fold it longways first.
Tip Two: Use an appropriate size table centerpiece. Create a wow factor by using a grouping of similar items like brass candlesticks or a large decorative bowl for flowers, ornaments, or candles. Think of the depth of the table in thirds if you are unsure how much space it should take. The centerpiece can fill up to a third.
Check out how I created chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces!!
Two more effortless ways to achieve a beautiful and large Christmas centerpiece on your table runner is to either lay a decorated or natural wreath flat on the table with candle sticks in the middle for height. Or place an inexpensive poinsettia in a pretty container. Both are stunning options.
Tip Three: Add in accessories on either side of your centerpiece. These decorative pieces can be a small version of your centerpiece or something simple like pillar candles wrapped in garland. For a longer table try using 2-3 additional pieces on each side of the center or start with two centerpieces.
Tip Four: When having a beautiful table runner and decor the table settings will come easily. Mix up sets of dishes for an eclectic mix or your best china for a traditional dinner. Top each setting with an ornament, mini wreath, fresh sprig, or faux flower to complete the look!
I had so much fun decorating our dining chandelier too. Just a simple piece of garland did the trick and makes a beautiful statement.
I hope all of these tips inspired you to set a seasonal table this year! You can find all of my Christmas decorating ideas and DIYs on this page.
I would love to hear your favorite decorating tips for a Christmas table and any other comments or questions. Just leave me a comment and let’s chat.
Now on to see Stephanie’s beautiful kitchen island decor.
Just two more days of global Christmas ideas!! Hope to see you soon.
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes