Enjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs.
Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. I’m so excited to be a part of Marty from A Stroll through Life’s annual Spring home tour blog hop. This is the last day so make sure to scroll all the way down to see all 30+ homes! If you are coming from A Pretty Life, welcome! Doesn’t she have the cutest home? Make sure to check out her pop-up camper makeover too!
Spring Home Tour
We’ve been in our home for two and 1/2 years after being stationed in Japan for four years. I’ve taken full advantage of being a homeowner again and quickly evolved from bright and eclectic rental decorating to a maximalist modern-traditional style infused with global finds. Aka, wallpaper everywhere! 🙂 Let me tell you, I have LOVED every minute of it!
Welcome. Please come on in!
It’s a small foyer so I make use of the space next to the coat closet for seasonal vignettes. I’ve recently scored some amazing art and redecorated our open-layout home so I could fit all of my new goodies.
You can read all about the decor on this cabinet and wall including the DIY basket and eggs in this Easter article. Just to the left, the art gallery continues on the far wall you face when you come in the front door. I envisioned it the first time I walked through the house and am still in love with it! The next step is to change the original grey wall. I’m thinking of a pop of color. What do you think?
We’ll go down that hallway in a sec, but first I want to show you my office. It is the “Springiest” room in our house, without any extra seasonal help, so it had to be included on today’s tour. I spend all day every weekday in this office for work, yoga, and exercising. Sometimes my daughter and I have tea parties and watch shows together.
The room used to be a small and windowless dark box before I completely renovated it during the New Year New Room Refresh which is an annual decorating challenge. You’ll be blown away by the dramatic before and afters in this story! Anything looks great in there especially my DIY Easter tree I made last week with my grandmother’s silver bowl.
I also bought a few “real feel” flowers and bouquets to use around the house as our garden completely died after the latest freeze. A yellow poppy is in a thrifted Japanese bamboo-shaped vase I snagged while living there. We had the best thrift store called Dragonfly just down the street from our Japanese house.
A gold bunny bank sits on this shelf all year. I won’t tell you where you put the coin. 🙂
I love the view into my office even though it’s now cluttered with my daughter’s remote schooling station. The green and blue art by a Texas artist was an estate sale find with my grandpa. Blues and greens seem to be the consistent feature in our entire home. What better time to show it off than for Spring?
If you do an about-face (prior Army here folks *giggle*), we’ll go across the living room to the gallery wall hall that leads to the bedrooms. Our single-story ranch-style home here in Fort Worth is just under 2,000 sq feet but I have oodles of pictures so I’ll share living and dining areas later this month.
Before you go, I’d like to
show off invite you to one more room! 🙂 I’m so proud of this space that I completely made over during quarantine for the One Room Challenge. It was a wonderful distraction for the crazy year we were having! Our Parisian-inspired master bedroom went from small and dark to crisp and bright with pops of, wait for it…, blues and greens.
The blue and white Japanese bowls nestle together but also make great chinoiserie planters. There are plenty of second-hand finds in this room too!
I decided to hang a kokedama Spring wreath I made since I loved having a winter wreath above the bed. It really pops against the neutral mural.
A good friend gifted me this Asian vase on my bed-side table. She is seriously the queen of estate sale finds and once owned an antique store! She’s also my grandpa’s “special” friend and is the sweetest.
The same friend gave me the floral pillow on our blue bench. The picture on my nightstand is of my grandmother who I was named after.
Join me on Instagram for behind the scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Mounted TVs can be tricky to decorate around so I decided to turn a portion of the wall into another gallery wall. I love doing them so much that I recently created a free PDF resource and video tutorial in a FB community group I’m in. I would love to extend the invitation to you! It’s A Very Global Home where we all share our decorating journey in whatever stage it is in.
And that wraps up today’s Spring tour! I hope it inspired you to decorate for the season. Next on the hop is Chalking up Success and I’m ready to see her home! Shall we?
Monday March 8th
Tuesday March 9th
Wednesday March 10th
Thursday March 11th
Friday March 12th
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes