Personalize your holiday gift wrapping this year with globally inspired elegant Christmas gift wrapping ideas that you can do in minutes!
I feel like with the ease and convenience of gift bags that the art of gift wrap is usually forgotten about. But what a better way to show how much you care than to present a beautifully wrapped gift this holiday season with a personalized touch? Just grab a few supplies, turn on the Christmas tunes, and your choice of beverage, and let’s get to wrapping!
Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas that are Elegant
Welcome to day seven of A Very Global Christmas series where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing twelve days of globally inspired Christmas DIYs, decorating tips, and entertaining ideas. We absolutely love giving you holiday inspiration so today we are sharing our unique gift wrapping ideas!
If you are new here, howdy! I’m a recently retired military spouse who moved back to Texas after being gone 19 years. I’ve perfected the art of rental decorating and overcoming challenges in small spaces the last fifteen years but now am tackling homeownership with a new set of challenges!
I love infusing a colorful, global style with DIYs and furnishings in our one-story 60’s ranch-style home.
Personalized Christmas Wrapping Paper DIY
Last week I shared how to make boho Parisian mini wreath ornaments and you will spot them on my gift wrapping today. I think they add a lovely elegant touch to a gift especially with blue or black satin ribbon. It can make any old wrapping paper beautiful!
But this year I wanted to take it a step further with personalizing the gift wrap with a monogram. What a fun alternative to a gift card! Of course you could also tape a paper gift card or label to the back of the present in addition to this easy DIY. Especially if you have multiple names that start with the same letter or wish to put whom the gift is from.
All you need for this simple DIY are a stencil, paint, and brush! I used a mesh stencil from A Maker’s Studio for the first time and loved how easy it was and the professional finish.
DIY a Monogram On Your Gift Wrap with a Mesh Stencil
Cut out individual letters if you are using a sheet of them. Remove the back off the stencil and place it on the lower corner of your wrapped gift. My mesh stencil has a sticky back that is reusable. I’m really impressed with this product!
Put a dime size amount of craft paint or A Maker’s Studio stencil gel into a bowl. Use a dry stencil brush to stifle the paint onto the stencil. Keep your brush straight up and down while applying the paint for a clean finish. I’m pretty sure the sticky back on mine made this fool proof!
Peel off your stencil slowly and let the paint dry. Rinse your brush and stencil with warm water and reapply the backing. The paint washes off easily so you can keep your supplies looking new.
Didn’t the monogram turn out pretty? It’s so easy I was able to complete half a dozen gifts with monograms in minutes. I can’t wait to try this brand of stencil and paint on other things!
Try this technique on any solid color Christmas gift wrap or pattern with light muted colors. I used it on brown kraft paper, and red and gold wrapping paper.
Embellish the gifts with ribbon and a DIY mini wreath ornament to give it a boho Parisian vibe. Place your beautifully wrapped gift under your Christmas tree! They double as seasonal decor.
They are so pretty under our old-world, elegant Christmas tree.
Have you completed your holiday shopping yet? I still have a few on my list but there’s time! Make sure to check out Stephanie’s Boho Style DIY Painted Gift Bags and Free Gift Tags!
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around the … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at week … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when they … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art