Personalize your holiday gift wrapping this year with globally inspired elegant Christmas gift wrapping ideas that you can do in minutes!
I feel like with the ease and convenience of gift bags that the art of gift wrap is usually forgotten about. But what a better way to show how much you care than to present a beautifully wrapped gift this holiday season with a personalized touch? Just grab a few supplies, turn on the Christmas tunes, and your choice of beverage, and let’s get to wrapping!
Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas that are Elegant
Welcome to day seven of A Very Global Christmas series where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing twelve days of globally inspired Christmas DIYs, decorating tips, and entertaining ideas. We absolutely love giving you holiday inspiration so today we are sharing our unique gift wrapping ideas!
If you are new here, howdy! I’m a recently retired military spouse who moved back to Texas after being gone 19 years. I’ve perfected the art of rental decorating and overcoming challenges in small spaces the last fifteen years but now am tackling home ownership with a new set of challenges! I love infusing colorful global style with DIYs and furnishings in our one story 60’s ranch style home.
Personalized Christmas Wrapping Paper DIY
Last week I shared how to make boho Parisian mini wreath ornaments and you will spot them on my gift wrapping today. I think they add a lovely elegant touch to a gift especially with blue or black satin ribbon. It can make any old wrapping paper beautiful!
But this year I wanted to take it a step further with personalizing the gift wrap with a monogram. What a fun alternative to a gift card! Of course you could also tape a paper gift card or label to the back of the present in addition to this easy DIY. Especially if you have multiple names that start with the same letter or wish to put whom the gift is from.
All you need for this simple DIY are a stencil, paint, and brush! I used a mesh stencil from A Maker’s Studio for the first time and loved how easy it was and the professional finish.
DIY a Monogram On Your Gift Wrap with a Mesh Stencil
Cut out individual letters if you are using a sheet of them. Remove the back off the stencil and place it on the lower corner of your wrapped gift. My mesh stencil has a sticky back that is reusable. I’m really impressed with this product!
Put a dime size amount of craft paint or A Maker’s Studio stencil gel into a bowl. Use a dry stencil brush to stifle the paint onto the stencil. Keep your brush straight up and down while applying the paint for a clean finish. I’m pretty sure the sticky back on mine made this fool proof!
Peel off your stencil slowly and let the paint dry. Rinse your brush and stencil with warm water and reapply the backing. The paint washes off easily so you can keep your supplies looking new.
Didn’t the monogram turn out pretty? It’s so easy I was able to complete half a dozen gifts with monograms in minutes. I can’t wait to try this brand of stencil and paint on other things!
Try this technique on any solid color Christmas gift wrap or pattern with light muted colors. I used it on brown kraft paper, and red and gold wrapping paper.
Embellish the gifts with ribbon and a DIY mini wreath ornament to give it a boho Parisian vibe. Place your beautifully wrapped gift under your Christmas tree! They double as seasonal decor.
They are so pretty under our old-world, elegant Christmas tree.
Have you completed your holiday shopping yet? I still have a few on my list but there’s time! Make sure to check out Stephanie’s Boho Style DIY Painted Gift Bags and Free Gift Tags!
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day 12 … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden china … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes
- How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look GoodCreate beautiful artificial flower arrangements with these simple tips. Perfect for a holiday centerpiece or any time of the year. I’m not going to lie, flower arranging has never been my … Read More about How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look Good
- French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Home TourWelcome to our French, Modern-bohemian Christmas home tour part of the annual Very Merry Christmas Home Tour Blog hop! I’m thrilled to be joining Carrie from Lovely Etc.‘s annual blog hop … Read More about French, Modern-Bohemian Christmas Home Tour
- Make Decoupage Coasters in Two Easy Steps Gift IdeaLooking for an easy gift idea? Try a set of decoupage coasters with globally inspired patterns and dollar store supplies. Don’t you love receiving a beautiful and thoughtful gift that is … Read More about Make Decoupage Coasters in Two Easy Steps Gift Idea