See an eclectic Christmas tree with fans, floral, and wine-hued ornaments and find Christmas tree decorating ideas from 27 creative bloggers.
Greetings! I’m joining 26 other bloggers this week sharing My Home Style: Christmas Tree Edition. Our lovely hostess is my talented friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living.
An Eclectic Christmas Home
If you are coming from Southern State of Mind, a special hello!!
If you are new here, howdy! I’m a retired military spouse who moved back to Texas after being gone for 19 years. I perfected the art of rental decorating and overcoming challenges in small spaces for over fifteen years but now am tackling homeownership with a new set of challenges! Our family of four lived in some of the most beautiful coastal towns in the US and Japan which have influenced my colorful and global style with DIYs and furnishings in our one-story 60’s ranch-style home in Fort Worth.
My “before” picture below is from two short weeks ago. Here’s a little back story. This is when we were still active in the military and stationed abroad in Japan. We just moved into a traditional Japanese rental on the mainland from the beautiful island of Okinawa.
All of the blue and wood furniture is government-issued and was just temporary until we got our housing shipment.
It’s such a little house that it only took a couple of days to unpack and a weekend to get everything set up. Since it is a small space than our Okinawan rental I decided to only use the top 2 thirds of our seven-foot tree which you can see in the previous year’s My Home Style: Christmas Tree Edition.
I think this is a great tip if you move around often and need a smaller tree sometimes. My middle tree section surprisingly fit into the tree stand just fine.
My Home Style: Eclectic, Chic, and Contemporary Classic
Stephanie asked us to describe our tree with three words and share key elements so you can recreate the looks that inspired you! I chose eclectic, chic, and contemporary classic.
I achieved this by adding warm hues like copper, purple, pink, and different reds with a pop of black and white. There are many different textures and materials with some weird elements like fur ball ornaments! My husband picked those out last year and I knew he would enjoy seeing them again.
Every year I start with ornaments and decor I already have and this time was no different. I incorporated some of my DIY repurposed ornaments I made last year but changed the look by adding in a growing collection of oriental fans that I’ve purchased out here.
This beautiful butterfly fan was a gift when I purchased silk table linens at a local gift shop. I love it mixed in with modern traditional ornaments like the purple and copper balls and oblong ones.
Some of the ornaments were purchased at the local “dollar” store like most of the paper fans and pinecone ornaments and a couple of them were gifts.
Instead of using the copper tinsel garland on the tree, I filled in the gaps with flowers and pine tree sprigs I had on hand. The garland will go somewhere else in our eclectic Christmas home.
I’m always using something from my craft/floral bin. They get multiple lives as flower arrangements, wreaths, garland, and other decors like a tree filler! They add a feminine chic look to the tree.
I found a darling wood rocking horse at an antique store in NC for $5 a few years back. He’s saving a spot for presents under the tree.
A black and white throw blanket is being used as the tree skirt to tie into the black and white Asian fans. I’ve learned that styling the base of the tree with decorating accessories is a great way to add interest until wrapped gifts arrive.
We topped the tree with a traditional star topper made with capize shell. I adore the wooden shutters in this house and there was a perfect spot to hang a woven deer head on the wall behind the tree.
Buck the deer pillow is out on the sofa with a soft floral printed one and another black and white throw blanket. I really love pairing black and white with florals!
I hope you enjoyed our tree! If you want to recreate the look I found resources for some of the key elements (if it’s not exact, it’s similar).
This shopping guide contains some affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You still pay the same price but I receive a small commission. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Next on the tour is Lovely Ect. I’ll meet you over there!
Head over to the winter holidays, DIYs, and decor page for more articles and resources!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- DIY Christmas Countdown Door Hanging: A Unique Holiday Decor IdeaCreate a Christmas countdown door hanging with this step-by-step tutorial using ribbon, feathers, poinsettia, and a small chalkboard sign. Tired of the same old holiday decorations year after year? I can relate. So I was excited when one of my crafty friends showed me how to make a stunning poinsettia door hanging. Unlike the typical…
- Creative Tips on How and Where to Hang GarlandLearn how to hang garland the right way and creative places to display evergreens for a magical holiday season. Greetings friend. As we are experiencing our first true cool morning this Fall, I’m thinking about decorating my home to create a warm and festive atmosphere. I used to struggle with knowing how and where to…
- Craft Music Christmas Garland With an Easy DIY Paper Flower TemplateHere’s a DIY paper Christmas tree garland tutorial using holiday music sheets. Create festive decor that’s both budget-friendly and unique! Well, howdy! I am excited to share this easy DIY paper Christmas garland tutorial with you. If you have been following any of Stringtown Home’s link parties, then you know today’s theme is sheet music,…
- Try Repurposed Ornaments with Ribbon Tape – A 5 Minute DIY!Try DIY repurposed ornaments with ribbon tape! Find easy, budget-friendly crafts to create festive décor & learn current Christmas trends. Are you looking for a way to repurpose Christmas ball ornaments to give your tree a fresh look this year? I love changing my colors and trying a new look for our Christmas decorating every…