Create a stunning scene for your holiday gathering with a beautiful globally inspired eclectic Christmas tablescape.
Happy holidays! Whether you just want a fancy family dinner or hosting the next big traditional meal, impress your family and friends with a beautiful colorful table layered with global textiles, dishes, and a unique centerpiece.
Global-Eclectic Christmas Tablescape
Welcome to A Very Global Christmas where you’ll find twelve days of globally inspired holiday decorating ideas and DIYs created by my friend Casa Watkins Living and myself. We adore infusing color, plants, and outside-the-box ideas by repurposing what we have or making inexpensive new accessories.
You can find all of mine on A Very Global Christmas page and Stephanie’s on her Global Christmas Ideas page. Bonus, we’ve been doing this for many years so there are loads of inspiration. Thanks for supporting our annual series!
My Christmas table this year features family heirlooms, childhood treasures, thrifted decor, and global textiles. Our small dining area received a major makeover during quarantine complete with a DIY wall mural.
You can read all about how I divided the living-dining combo in this story. But it has been so much fun decorating and using the space. Which my family of four does a lot!!
I thought I was going to keep the table settings simple but that is so not me and after a quick rummage through the linen closet, I decided on a knitted throw we picked up in a night market in Chaing Mai, Thailand, and layered it with a runner from a big box decorating store called Nitori in Japan.
Most of the place setting items came from my grandmother’s collections or are pieces my grandpa saves from his friend’s metal yard like the copper chargers and brass champagne flutes.
Crystal stemware, blue Danube china, a few very special Miessen porcelain cobalt blue ground fruit plates look gorgeous together! The fruit plates totally go with my fruit and floral theme this year.
I kept my fancy serving ware in its wood chest and put out our everyday silverware on Ralph Lauren napkins I’ve had for ages. I like the modern contrast to the dishes and the silver matches the silver bells hanging from the chandelier.
Decorating a Chandelier for Christmas
About those bells… There was a nativity play that was a gift to the community of Fort Worth for about 60 years I think. It was a beautiful Christmas pagant with performances by the Texas Boys Choir and Dorothy Shaw Bell Choir sponsored by a prominent family here.
My sister and I took part for nine years as cherubs then angels. Every year we were gifted a silver bell. Unfortunately, the patron passed away and after a rough year with covid, the last performance was two years ago. I really hope they find a way to bring it back!
My mother recently took out the box of bells from her attic and I was thrilled to display them this year. I decided on hanging them with velvet ribbon and adding garland around the top. You could get a similar look with ornaments instead of bells!
A Global Eclecitc Christmas Table Centerpiece
Back to the table. The centerpiece is made up of ball ornaments from Target on second-hand mid-century modern candlesticks. I found those for a dollar apiece last summer. They really go well with the global eclectic look and our dining table is a MCM piece too.
Another great find last year was these two etchings found at an antique store. My friend is an expert with these things said she thought they might be special. After a little research I learned, they are numbered etchings by French artists, Marshe, and were printed from the plates at the Witney Museum in New York which is embossed on the etchings. So cool.
I purchased them for $30 each. 🙂 They look so pretty between Anthropologie curtains and my DIY cane cabinet from an Ikea storage piece which displays middle Easter coffee pots and temple dogs from China that my husband found while deployed.
Estate sales and antique malls are my favorite two places to look for global decor. I always pair them with modern pieces for a nice balance!
I hope you enjoyed touring the dining area and tablescape and are inspired to create your own global eclectic Christmas table!
Now let’s head over to Casa Watkins Living to see her beautiful Terracotta Christmas Table!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…