Enjoy Fall with fun autumnal activities and ideas from cozy home crafts to outside adventures. Get your free autumn bucket list printable!
There is nothing like looking forward to Fall after a long hot summer! Even though we still have high temperatures here in Texas it makes it so much better to do all of those fun Autumn actives and home crafts to get ready for the season. Here’s a list of all my favorite Fall things to do for adults and kids.
Autumn Bucket List
Autumn Bucket List Things to Do Inside
Pull out all of your fall and winter clothes. Make sure to fold your sweaters instead of hanging them to prevent misshaping and stretching! If you feel like you need a little better organizing or decluttering check out how I used the Kon Mari method in our master closet.
Light a scented candle or burn a yummy essential oil. Create a fall feeling instantly with your favorite seasonal scented candle or essential oil. You can also create your own DIY stovetop scent!
Put out throw blankets and more pillows. Get ready for cooler weather with a few extra textiles. Want to bring more hygge to your space? Check out these decorating ideas.
Plan a Witches Tea party! Now is a great time to start a planning a fun Halloween party. I love hosting a witches tea for my friends and have the entire process down to a T. Find all of my resources on my Halloween page!
Make DIY Costumes for halloween. I grew up making costumes at home or using thrifted finds and still prefer this over purchasing costumes. Try some of these costume ideas for using clothes already in your closet for women and girls (mother daughter duos!).
Make s’mores in the backyard. Light the fire pit and bring out the goodies. This would be great to along with the next bucket list item. Looking for something different? Check out these creative twists on s’mores.
Refresh your patio with blankets and pillows and spend a family evening outside. Fall is a small window here in Texas so I don’t mind bringing out inside pillows and blankets to our covered back patio for the season. It’s super cozy and I have everything stored and protected before winter.
Decorate or carve a pumpkin. Don’t skip on this classic tradition! If you don’t feel like making a mess with carving try some of these easy pumpkin decorating ideas. If you do carve make sure to toast your seeds for a yummy treat!
Bring a few stems or branches in from your yard for a fall table centerpiece. Clip a few bush or tree branches from your yard even if they are green or turning for an instant Fall centerpiece.
Take your family Christmas photo now! Get ahead of the holiday season by taking a family photo now.
Try infusing spirits. Try this recipe for creating a signature cocktail with infused spirits. Experiment with different seasonal spices. This would make a lovely hostess gift!
Make mulled cider. I love adding mulling spices to cider but I also have a fond memory of making and drinking this spiced tea with my family.
Open the windows to let cool air in. I envy those of you that can sleep with windows open the most part of the year! While you have the windows open go ahead and light the fireplace and grab a cozy blanket and loved one.
Collect pinecones, acorns, and fall leaves to display in a bowl. Another free seasonal decorating idea. Use outdoor treasures to create an Autumn vignette. Put them in a pretty container on display.
Make soup. Need some recipe inspiration? Check out these 60 best fall soup recipes from Country Living.
Warm yourself by the fire. This might be my favorite one. Even when we didn’t have a proper fireplace I’ve made it work with a cozy setup and space heater.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
Do an autumn puzzle. My favorite are Home Country puzzles! They have fabulous colors and the lines and shapes make them challenging but not frustrating.
Autumn Bucket List Things to Do Outside
Take a day trip to a town you’ve never stopped to visit. Visit a cute little country town main street, try a local diner, and get great prices at antique stores.
Go for a long hike. Google hiking trails near you and spend a weekend day with your family enjoying nature.
Visit a corn maze. Corn mazes are a lot of fun for kids and adults if you have one in your area!
Go for an early morning walk. Wake up a little early to catch the morning mist on a cooler morning and enjoy its beauty.
Visit a winery. Grab a friend or spouse and visit a local winery or wine store for wine tasting. Try a mulled wine if possible!
Go antiquing. Look for cozy decor like brass candlesticks or a kilim pillow. You might even find unique gifts for some early Christmas shopping.
Visit a haunted house. Enjoy the thrill of being spooked at a haunted house!
Go on a ghost tour or visit a spooky graveyard. If a full haunted house experience is too much for you or your family try looking up haunted buildings in your area or local ghost tours. You may also find museum docents who tell true yet spooky tales at historical mansions and graveyards.
Take your family to a local farmers market or fall festival. Another opportunity for early holiday gift shopping and supporting local merchants.
Go on a hayride. Take part in this fall tradition for a fun afternoon.
Take a trip to the library to find a good read. Borrow a book you’ve been wanting to read and take the time to cozy up by the fire or enjoy the cooler air outside and get lost in a new adventure.
Go apple picking. Think of all of the yummy seasonal recipes you can make with apples.
Sign up to grab the free bucket list printable and check off your activities when you do them!!
I would love to hear what your favorite fall traditions are! Find 50+ Fall ideas for decorating, DIYs, and holidays. Leave me a comment and let’s chat.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you a happy Spring. I’m thrilled to be sharing a … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. I’m so excited to be a part of Marty from … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and only a few minutes. Welcome to A Very Global Easter … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only a Spring blue and white tablescape with you today but … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting