Find easy decorating tips for renters with rental friendly DIYs and decor ideas. Rentals don’t have to be boring or expensive!
(Updated 01/2018) Hi friend! I’m so glad you stopped by today. Are you a renter looking for decorating ideas? Then you are in the right spot! This is my post popular post for rental friendly decorating ideas. If you are looking for a room by room rental decorating guide, you can find that here.
Eight Decorating Tips for Renters
Eight Decor ideas for home or apartment renters!
1. If you are not allowed to change your wall color, make it more personal by adding wall hangings. Hang pictures, mirrors, or if you want something with more impact, frame fabric, or wall paper.
- Option 1. Look for frames and mirrors at thrift stores, spray paint them if you do not like the finish.
- Option 2. Frame wrapping or craft paper! (Even greeting cards and post cards you have saved look great on a photo wall.)
- Option 3: Hang something unusual on your walls (like a collection of paper fans) or cover your wall in a pattern with washi tape.
3. You have furniture pushed up against the wall. If there is not enough space to float your furniture in the center of the room, add a sofa table between the couch and the wall.
- Again, thrift store finds are fabulous for this. You can use anything as long as it is close to the same height of your couch and a little on the wider side. This will give your room more dimension and a designer look.
- On the cheap…
Look for pillow covers for your existing pillows. Places, like Etsy, IKEA, and Light in the Box are all great sources for low prices.
On a side note my friends, if you have small children, please do not wait until they are all grown up to have a nice space to live in. You can always have beauty, functionality, durability, and kid friendly in the same space. I promise! Read How to Decorate for You and The Kids.
Have you found ways around rental “rules” to create a fabulous space? Please share!!
You might also enjoy Small Space Decorating Ideas!